Notices
RC Fuels Nitromethane, Castor Oil, Synthetic, heli fuel, 4 stroke, etc...Fuel Q&A is here!

Moki 2.10 Fuel Thoughts

Old 08-05-2003, 08:31 PM
Warren
My Feedback: (72)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moki 2.10 Fuel Thoughts

Hey Gang,

I have it from a few good sources that many are running the following blend for their Moki's:

116 Oz of Methanol
12 Oz of Klotz KL-200 (Full synthetic Techniplate)

This gives a content of about 9.3% oil, and some flyers, after break-in, are even going down to 10 Oz of oil!

Apparently, motors running this mix have 1000's of flights on them and run excellent with no castor oil gumming or ring-sticking issues.

I am getting ready to mix up a few gallons and wanted to see if anyone else has heard, or is running this type of mix.

I e-mailed Moki for the heck of it, but am expecting the same advice as in the manual.

Thanks!
Old 08-07-2003, 06:30 PM
tonyc
My Feedback: (4)

I have heard this also. I am running 15% oil, 11% Synthetic 4% Castor.

4% Castor isn't much, but it makes me feel a little safer.

tonyc
Old 08-07-2003, 06:41 PM
Dougboiler91
My Feedback: (23)

I have the Moki 1.8. I'm running 15% oil content, zero Nitro with 3% acetone for transition, and Methanol. I use the Tecniplate 80/20 blend for oil. These Moki's like some castor. There are different threads on the Moki design and the importance of Castor, especially during break in. My Moki runs great on this combo, and I'll never buy fuel again for this engine. You may be able to wean the oil % down, but I feel safer at 15%. It can't hurt!

Good Luck!
Doug