Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > RC Fuels
Reload this Page >

HELP! - Looking for MSDS for Norvel fuel

Notices
RC Fuels Nitromethane, Castor Oil, Synthetic, heli fuel, 4 stroke, etc...Fuel Q&A is here!

HELP! - Looking for MSDS for Norvel fuel

Old 07-17-2011, 08:29 AM
indyRC
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! - Looking for MSDS for Norvel fuel

There is an urgent situation that would benefit from the Material Safety Data Sheets for Norvel fuel. Any information would be greatly appreciated! It is not necessarily the Nitromethane or the Methanol that is in question, it is the lubricating ingredients, that are not listed on the bottle, that are in question.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Old 07-17-2011, 07:36 PM
downunder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HELP! - Looking for MSDS for Norvel fuel

The Norvel instructions say to use any 2 stroke fuel with a blend of synthetic/castor as the lubricant. The MSDS for castor is easy to find (it's completely safe) but there's no way to get an MSDS on the synthetic side because who knows what synthetic is used? I would guess though that none of the synthetics are harmful with normal useage. Normal to me means not trying to drink it . By far the most dangerous ingredient is the methanol anyway.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:52 PM
glowplugboy
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wasn't aware Norvel blended fuel, but if lube is not castor oil, then it is probably a Klotz synthetic; Techniplate or Super Techniplate respectively. Klotz would be happy to provide the MSDS on their lubes if you call them.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:35 AM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You won't find an MSDS if it was never sold for commercial use.