Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > RC Fuels
Reload this Page >

Mobil Jet Oil II mixing with Methanol

Notices
RC Fuels Nitromethane, Castor Oil, Synthetic, heli fuel, 4 stroke, etc...Fuel Q&A is here!

Mobil Jet Oil II mixing with Methanol

Old 07-03-2012, 09:25 AM
downunder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Mobil Jet Oil II mixing with Methanol

I suspect it's just the brown dye Mobil uses, maybe reacting with sunlight? I didn't have any problem like that with my fuel which was a similar blend to yours. If the engine still runs the same then the fuel itself will be OK.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:08 AM
f20tiger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The discoloration is not a problem. It is the turbine oil reacting with sunlight. It does the same thing in Kero for rc turbines.
The fuel is still completely usable.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:53 AM
mobiljetoil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys,

I'm sorry, It didn't work, I have to say.

After using mobil jet oil for quite some time, I can see the fuel destroying slowly the fuel line ( it gets broken easily) ,  engines easily quit or fail in the air, discoloration, stains everywhere on the planes, this happens after leaving the fuel for more than 2 weeks without using it.

My guess is just mix enough for use in a week, burn them all in a day, if you have left , don't leave it direct with sunlight for more than 2 weeks.

That's my experience with mobil jet oil, I consider it's a failed test, still not replaced the current Methanol + Castor.

Thanks All,
Regards,

Phi
:-)