Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > RC Fuels
If you need question answer about WildCat Fuel Feel free to ask. >

If you need question answer about WildCat Fuel Feel free to ask.

Notices
RC Fuels Nitromethane, Castor Oil, Synthetic, heli fuel, 4 stroke, etc...Fuel Q&A is here!

If you need question answer about WildCat Fuel Feel free to ask.

Old 04-20-2002, 11:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you need question answer about WildCat Fuel Feel free to ask.

If you have a question about WildCat fuel I will try to help you as much as I can.

Plus if I can not answer it.
I will Have Jerry From Wildcat him self help out.
Old 04-25-2002, 09:00 AM
My Feedback: (7)

I used WILDCAT in one of my cars and was real happy with it! But it was expensive at my L.H.S.

How much do we have to buy to get a "SKINNY" deal? And what is a "SKINNY" deal?

What is the best way to buy direct? GALLONS, QUARTS, or in 55 gal. containers. And how about shipping?

I am mainly interested in 15% nitro, and maybe some 5% super tiger mix for my MVVS 150.

RON in NEVADA
Old 04-25-2002, 11:03 AM

Default Give them a call.

Originally posted by DESERT RATT
I used WILDCAT in one of my cars and was real happy with it! But it was expensive at my L.H.S.

How much do we have to buy to get a "SKINNY" deal? And what is a "SKINNY" deal?

What is the best way to buy direct? GALLONS, QUARTS, or in 55 gal. containers. And how about shipping?

I am mainly interested in 15% nitro, and maybe some 5% super tiger mix for my MVVS 150.

RON in NEVADA
Wildcat Fuels, Inc.
206 Stephens Drive
Nicholasville, KY 40356
Phone: (859) 885-5619
Fax: (859) 885-8549
Orders Only: (888) 815-7575

Tell them you talk to Ron C
And would like to order.
Jerry will give you prices on what will be best for your club.
Old 05-25-2002, 04:34 AM

Default Re: If you need question answer about WildCat Fuel Feel free to ask.

i came across two gallons of 20% blue thunder car fuel and no were on the bottle does it say how much oil is in it i would like to use it in my airplane does anybody know how much oil is in this stuff
Old 05-25-2002, 11:17 AM

Default I would not use it.

From what I understand ,And I might be wrong.
The oil content could be in the 10%range.
I would use 15% in a plane engine.
Again, I am not fermillure with that produced.
Old 05-25-2002, 05:06 PM

Default Re: I would not use it.

if a gallon of gas has 10% oil to bring it to 15% oil would that be about 3 oz of castor im trying
Old 05-25-2002, 09:10 PM

Default I will get the owner of Wildcat here soon to help.

I will get the owner of Wildcat here soon to help.
Old 05-26-2002, 01:24 PM
My Feedback: (6)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gas Rookie,

Blue Thunder is primarly a car/buggy fuel. These fuels contain very low oil contents (for airplane/ heli engines), usually in the neighborhood of 10% to 14% oil content.
I dont know what airplane engines you have but for the most part, many airplane & heli engine manufacturers recommend 18% oil content or greater (by volume) in the fuel. Every engine has its own warranty requirements (pertaining to oil content in fuel) and its important to note that fuel companies will not warranty engines. The responsibility of the engine manufacturer is to inform you of the oil and nitro contents needed for your engine, its your responsibility to choose a fuel that meets the requirements.

Fuelman
Old 06-18-2002, 11:32 AM

Default Car Fuel @ $30.00

Last weekend a coworker @ my 2nd job bought a Traxis nitro blast r/c truck. It looks like a lot of fun. But !!! he bought a gallon of Blue Thunder (do not know the nitro %) and it cost $30.00? Could he use Wildcat heli fuel or airplane fuel? How could an extra 5% of oil hurt? He is not racing.

All diesel airplanes

Francis S. Person
Old 06-20-2002, 04:15 AM
My Feedback: (7)

Default fuels

I raced 1/8th scale offroad for several years and started using regular aircraft fuels after getting tired of rebuilding engines after a few gallons of fuel. It works jsut fine and makes the engines last longer. There is a slight differance in throttle response , most sport racers or parking lot bashers will not notice the differance except in thier bank accounts. Wildcat makes a car fuel that is inbetween with 14% oil, gives a little bit of both worlds. IMO the biggest factor in car engines wear out faster is the low amounts of caster used.
Old 06-23-2002, 07:58 PM
My Feedback: (8)

Anybody know where you can buy some in Connecticut?
Old 06-27-2002, 04:51 PM

where on the web i go to see if wildcat ship close to me
Old 04-19-2003, 09:43 PM
My Feedback: (8)

I have ran wildcat fuel for several years now and now I'm running the big 2 strokes that require more oil and less nitro. I'm currently using the 5% prem that is the 80/20 with 16% total oil. I need more oil content. So my question is Can you make fuel to order to my specs? I would like to stick with 5% nitro but have an oil content of 18% to 20% with the same 80/20 mix if possible. Can this be done or will I have to switch fuel manufactors and start using the Sig champion fuel? They have fuel that is 5% with 1/2 castor and 1/2 syn with a total 20%oil content. Thanks!
Old 04-28-2003, 11:46 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Default Inquiring about Heli Mix 10% - 18%

I just purchased a few gallons of Wildcat Heli Mix 10%nitro and 18% all synthetic oil.
Questions
1) How much castor should I add to each gallon to be good to use for a TT36H Heli engine ABC type and a TT91 four stroke engine. Does the 4-stroke need a little castor added I know the Heli 36 engine states not to use fuel will all synthetic.

2) What makes the Heli mix different from any other fuel. If this is Heli fuel why does my heli instructions state not to use all synth oil.

3) What kind of castor mixes with Wildcat the best. I can get Klotz BeNol, and Maxima Castor927 at the local motercycle shop.
Sig Castor - made for Model fuel at LHS.
Old 05-01-2003, 03:37 PM

GasRookie: To increase oil content from 10% by volume to 15% by volume, add 7.5 fl oz of oil, not 3 oz. Adding 3 oz will raise the percentage from 10% to about 12%.
Old 05-06-2003, 12:29 PM

The Blue Thunder fuel only has 10% oil.... some of the pure race blends like Trinity Platinum only have 8%. I myself run plane fuel in all my cars and have had VERY good luck with it. I think most of the car guys are brainwashed in to thinking plane fuel will kill there engine.

Im currently running Sig champion full in my cars(I can't get wildcat at any local shop ). I have almost 7 gallons on one of my stadium truck engines and it still runs like a champ.
Old 05-08-2003, 01:21 AM

what is the advantage/disadvantage of running
wildcat 2&4 stroke 10%nitro, 18% total synthetic ?
Old 05-24-2003, 12:27 AM
My Feedback: (124)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default How much oil to add?

I just bought a case of Wildcat 15% 2&4 Stroke fuel. After I bought the fuel I bought a YS 63FZ. I know YS recommends to use 20% oil content in their engines. How MUCH and what KIND of synthetic oil do I need to put in each gallon do get a 20% oil content?

Thank you,
Tony Gagliardi Jr.
Old 05-24-2003, 01:52 PM

Is the "15%" you are referring to the nitro % or the oil % ? If its the oil %, then add 8 fl oz of oil to a gallon of fuel to raise the percentage of oil from 15% to 20%.

Here's the formula for calculating how much oil to add to a gallon of fuel to raise the oil percentage to any desired level:

Fluid oz. to add = [(D%-O%)*128]/(100-D%)

where D% is the desired % oil, and O% is the original % oil.

I'm not familiar with what kind of oil YS recommends for their engines (synthetic vs castor), but I believe all the oil in Wildcat fuel is made by Klotz, so that would probably be a good choice if you are adding oil.
Old 05-25-2003, 11:25 AM
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Default WildCat

Cap 232, I use only WildCat fuels in my fourstrokes, the Premium Extra is 18% lube with about 2% of the lube being castor. I use WildCat Premium 10% nitro in my RCV engines because of its lower 16% oil content.
Old 06-03-2003, 09:49 PM
My Feedback: (124)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Which kind of Oil?

Thanks for the formula. That really helps. I went to the Klotz website. The fuel I have is all synthetic, that is what Wildcat recommends. My question now is which Klotz product do I need to use?

Thanks,
Tony
Old 06-05-2003, 04:09 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Default Adding oil

I use Klotz Techniplate Synthetic if I want to up the oil percentage on 30% Helimix for use with my YS 63. Remember, that you will lower the nitro content if you up your oil percentage (got that from Dave Shadel of the YS forum). I think your 63 may be a dog if you add oil to 15% nitro fuel.
Old 06-05-2003, 11:55 AM

This isn't really true, it just appears that way. The "fuel" part of the total mix is the methanol and nitro..the oil (no matter what %) is just along for the ride. Adding oil simply means you need to open the needle a little more to get the same quantity of methanol/nitro mix flowing through.
Old 06-05-2003, 05:43 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Default re: adding oil

The "fuel" part of the total mix is the methanol and nitro..the oil (no matter what %) is just along for the ride.
Downunder,
So, as an example, fuel with 15% nitro and 18% oil content would have 85% methanol? The numbers don't add up. Isn't the oil percentage part of the equation? The way I see it is that if you add oil to an already formulated brew that it would have to affect the ratios of the other ingredients in regard to the overall mix.
Old 06-06-2003, 06:08 AM

No, that's not what I meant. It's easier to think of a fuel that's just methanol and oil. The methanol is the actual fuel part and to be tuned correctly the engine needs a certain flow of this methanol through the needle valve to get the proper air/fuel ratio. Now let's say you double the % of oil in the fuel. If you left the needle as it was then the volume (flow) of methanol/oil would still be the same but now some of the methanol has been displaced by the added oil so you have to open the needle a bit to get back that original rate of methanol flow.

Same thing if you've got nitro in the fuel. Say you had 10% oil and equal parts of nitro and methanol (so it would then be 45% methanol and 45% nitro or 45/45/10). Now double the oil to 20%. The TOTAL methanol/nitro is now 40% of each but there's still an equal quantity of methanol and nitro (40/40/20).

What should be remembered is that oil isn't fuel, it's just mixed in the fuel because that's the simplest way to get it into the engine at a constant rate.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.