Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > RC Fuels
Reload this Page >

White film on/in new fuel line tubing.

Notices
RC Fuels Nitromethane, Castor Oil, Synthetic, heli fuel, 4 stroke, etc...Fuel Q&A is here!

White film on/in new fuel line tubing.

Old 08-18-2012, 03:37 PM
aa7jc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default White film on/in new fuel line tubing.

I just bought a bunch of "Great Planes" brand fuel line and I am noticing that it has a real fine white film of something on the inside of the tube.. infact, there is even some of the white powdery film on the outside of the tubing as well. I am new to the hobby so I have no idea if this is normal...Should I use this stuff ?
Old 08-18-2012, 04:07 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
Default RE: White film on/in new fuel line tubing.

ORIGINAL: aa7jc

I just bought a bunch of ''Great Planes'' brand fuel line and I am noticing that it has a real fine white film of something on the inside of the tube.. infact, there is even some of the white powdery film on the outside of the tubing as well. I am new to the hobby so I have no idea if this is normal... Should I use this stuff ?
I think it's talcum powder or something to prevent the tubing from sticking together on the spool. I have Dubro tubing that's got powder all over it. Wipe it off if you want, otherwise it should be fine.