Community
Search
Notices
RC Fuels Nitromethane, Castor Oil, Synthetic, heli fuel, 4 stroke, etc...Fuel Q&A is here!

where to buy fuel?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 10:39 AM
Pasantia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where to buy fuel?

where to order fuel for 4 stroke motor?
Old 08-20-2012, 11:29 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
Default RE: where to buy fuel?

ORIGINAL: Pasantia

where to order fuel for 4 stroke motor?
I'd suggest SIG Champion. SIG Mfg. is in northern Iowa. Good fuel made from good base chemicals. Sigmfg.com I believe is their web address.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:33 AM
AB Bob
My Feedback: (20)

Sig Mfg. is in Montezuma, IA, about 140 miles from you (2.5 hrs) might be worth a road trip if they want to charge you big time for hazardous material shipping charges. Just a thought. You can get around the hazmat charges by buying in qt sizes. I'd have to do the math...
Old 08-22-2012, 06:51 AM
carrellh

It is usually best if you can buy fuel locally, and avoid ordering, to avoid hazmat fees.
For most four stroke engines, any brand of fuel that has 18 to 20% oil content should be fine.
There is a never ending debate on whether there should be castor oil in the mix. I will not argue either way. I have my preference but will not try to convince anyone that I am right.
Defintely check the prices at www.sigmfg.com since they may be within reasonable driving distance; depending on the mpg of your vehicle.
If there is a hobby shop near you, compare their price to SIG and others to see what is the better deal.
Here are some fuel sellers who ship
S&W http://www.splube.com/otherapplications.html
Magnum http://www.magnumfuels.com