Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > RC Fuels
Reload this Page >

Oil/Fuel additives. Snake oil or maybe something useful?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Fuels Nitromethane, Castor Oil, Synthetic, heli fuel, 4 stroke, etc...Fuel Q&A is here!

Oil/Fuel additives. Snake oil or maybe something useful?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2016, 08:41 AM
kenh3497

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Oil/Fuel additives. Snake oil or maybe something useful?

Has anybody ever used one of the automotive oil/fuel additives like Zmax or Slick 50 in their model engines? Using their product in a gas engine would be easy as the products would be compatible with gasoline. Glo fuel maybe not so much????

I think the products are "interesting" and I know they are surrounded by considerable controversy.

If you've tried any of these products in your model please share your experience.

Ken
Old 09-24-2016, 07:54 PM
Pylonracr

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Never tried any in RC flying or in an auto. I do know that slik50 was sued and mandated that they pull their oil additive from the US market when it was found that it did much more harm than good. I have built racing engines my entire career and never been a snake oil fan.

Scott
Old 09-25-2016, 12:14 AM
Nitrovein

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pylonracr
Never tried any in RC flying or in an auto. I do know that slik50 was sued and mandated that they pull their oil additive from the US market when it was found that it did much more harm than good. I have built racing engines my entire career and never been a snake oil fan.

Scott
+1
slick 50 is still sold in Europe though, I guess it's less of a chance to get sued here.