Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > RC Fuels
Reload this Page >

castor oil flash point prevention

Community
Search
Notices
RC Fuels Nitromethane, Castor Oil, Synthetic, heli fuel, 4 stroke, etc...Fuel Q&A is here!

castor oil flash point prevention

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 05:48 PM
fainjon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default castor oil flash point prevention

I had an os25fx and was running 15%nitro 15%castor and when i would break down the engine it looked like the day i bought it. I recently took apart my irvine 53 and i found carbon in the head and on the piston. i was running 15%nitro and 18%castor with the irvine, the irvine has a longer stroke which means higher compression. If i go to say 5% nitro will it run cool enough to keep the castor oil from burning. It was running rich and 15% is at the high end of the recomended nitro for these engines. I would also like to keep using castor oil in my fuel.
Old 03-06-2004, 02:54 PM
MerlinL14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: castor oil flash point prevention

Irvines run better on 5%, they are UK engines and as nitro is expensive here they are timed to run on 5%.