Notices
RC Fuels Nitromethane, Castor Oil, Synthetic, heli fuel, 4 stroke, etc...Fuel Q&A is here!

mixing fuels

Old 04-19-2004, 11:32 AM
p.j

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mixing fuels

Would it be ok to add some Omega fuel to 3/4 jug of Cool Power so I can use up the Cool Power in my non ringed .46 TT Pro.

Thanks P.J
Old 04-19-2004, 01:03 PM
XtremeNitro

Default RE: mixing fuels

no it wouldn't be ok cause u will throw off all the percentages of oil, methanol and nitro that are in ur fuel. best thing to do is just finish it off
Old 04-19-2004, 07:51 PM
downunder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not a problem, just throw it in and give it a shake. Both fuels have 17% oil but the Omega has a blend of castor as well. Personally I'd be throwing in some more castor though, 17% just isn't enough for me.
Old 04-20-2004, 12:46 PM
Motorbrain

To the best of my knowledge, all methanol based fuels are "inter-mixable".
I'm with Downunder, more castor please.
Old 04-20-2004, 04:29 PM
Homebrewer
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not mixable? Oh please....You can mix any glow fuel with no problems. Just realize that the new blend may require a little tweaking of the carb.

BTW, Coolpower and Omega both have 17% oil. Coolpower is 100% high viscosity synthetic and Omega is 30% castor and 70% synthetic. Mixing the two 50/50 will cut down a bit on the castor mess and decrease carbon buildup in 4 strokes and is a good fuel for 2 strokes too!

I currently mix 30% heli fuel with 15% omega for a nice fuel that contains some castor in it, about 20% oil and 22.5% nitro. Works great at my 7400 foot altitude.

I used to mix Coolpower and Omega 15% 50/50 and used it in all of my engines. The color of the fuel was ugly but it ran great with slightly less mess and still a decent amount of castor protection.

PJ, your ringed TT .46 is a heli engine? I was under the impression that the TT .46 airplane engine was ABN. My only TT .46 is about 6 years old and don't know if they changed its design lately.
Old 04-25-2004, 10:09 PM
p.j

My TT Pro. .46 is an ABC airplane engine , one that runs very well. I mixed about 1/8 of Omega into 3/4 jug of Cool Power . The mix did turn a nasty colour but the engine runs well on it and I feel better having that bit of caster in the fuel.

P.J