Community
Search
Notices
RC Fuels Nitromethane, Castor Oil, Synthetic, heli fuel, 4 stroke, etc...Fuel Q&A is here!

Who Flys What Fuel?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2002, 01:14 AM
Sky Viper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who Flys What Fuel?

Here are the fuels I've tried and my oppinion of them and why.

SIG 10%, 15% (4 gal total) Junk - I could never get a solid Idle without having top end problems. And the mess...it always deposits blackened oils.

Byron - 10% I didn't get very good performance out of it, but at least the engine ran continuous between take off and landing.

Wildcat tried the Premium and Premium Extra versions - G A R B A G E Idled great, transitioned very well, but the lubrication sucks at higher temps. Both my Irvine .46 and my Magnum .40 shut down in a full throttle dive. I thought perhaps I had them too lean, but they would not run well if I set them more rich. It also has the same "Blackened Oil" deposit characteristic that SIG has.

Morgan Omega and Cool Power - Absolutely Outstanding.
Every engine I have runs without fail. I can even run "too lean" and not come close to the heat problems I got from Wildcat.

I recently moved 700 miles and hadn't flown in nearly a year. I had almost 3/4 of a gal. of Omega 10% in my field fuel can. I used it and had ZERO problems with it!

I use Omega exclusively now.
Old 08-21-2002, 12:45 PM
Furyflyer2
My Feedback: (117)

Wildcat 30% in my 4-strokers and my 2 cycle heli engines.
Old 08-22-2002, 02:27 AM
DLT
My Feedback: (48)

Default Fuel

I run Hobbytown (Wildcat) Supreme 10% nitro...that's the one that is 80% synthetic and 20% castor and then I pour about 3 oz. of Klotz Supertechniplate (80% synthetic and 20% castor or benol) to make the total oil content up to approx. 20% which is what most engine manuals are calling for. I run both my 2 stroke and 4 stroke engines on this mixture and they love it!!
Old 08-24-2002, 11:22 PM
gene375

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default adding benol to cool power

i've read that you add 2-3 oz of benol to the cool power , what benefit does this have, I am using 20/20 cool power in my .91fs OS and in a .40FX. Is this something I can benefit from, I already have the BENOL, ...Have to run it in my weedeater for the awesome smell. Thanks
Old 08-28-2002, 04:06 AM
Otto Kudrna
My Feedback: (1)

Default New Find

I started to run "Coopers Custom Blend" RCV fuel in everything from 75 on up. and their new Tiger Dropps in the RCV engines. The performance is phenomenal in the RCV engines and they do not run as hot as with other fuels.
Old 08-29-2002, 02:42 AM
mskyhawk

The benol in cool power is just adding a little Castor to a full synthetic fuel. The synthetic oil breaks down at a lower temp than Castor. Castor has a great hi temp film strength, better then synthetic at the higher "hot" engine runs, BUT, Castor is messier and will gum up a engine. I run benol in my cool power just for a little reinsurance when I lean out that engine for a speed run.
Does it help? don't know but I feel better about cleaning up a little oil on my plane than buying a new engine.
I don't like full Castor fuels because of the mess and the engine clean up to remove the varnish and gum Castor leaves.
Adding a little benol to cool power,, call it personal insuerence.
Old 08-31-2002, 09:29 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Cool Power 25% on everything.....they run fine no rust, run all engine dry after each session.

Daniel D.
Old 08-31-2002, 09:54 AM
stomper
My Feedback: (20)

S&W> best fuel for glow
Unleaded for the gas engines

Doug
Old 09-06-2002, 09:46 PM
SwampFlier-RCU

Mach7= MOrgan Fuel
5% or 10%
Imported form the us in gallons
REgards,
Patrick
Old 09-11-2002, 08:52 PM
Lomchevak

Wildcat 15%, all synthetic in everything I fly, 2stroke and 4stroke alike! Would use Byrons but my Lhs don't carry it anymore.

Used Chevron (best gasoline imho) and Castrol 2c in my Quadra 35 when my Laser 200 ( RIP ) was still alive.