Notices
RC Fuels Nitromethane, Castor Oil, Synthetic, heli fuel, 4 stroke, etc...Fuel Q&A is here!

Adding Castor Oil

Old 06-15-2005, 05:28 AM
BShin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding Castor Oil

If you add some Castor Oil to fuel, like say Cool Power, how well does it stay in suspension after first mixing it? Should you give the jug a good shake every time before using it?

Thanks,

B
Old 06-15-2005, 08:28 PM
downunder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Adding Castor Oil

You need to give it a good shake when you first mix it, after that it'll never settle out. I've had fuel with 20% or more all castor sitting around for years and it stays mixed.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:45 AM
Square Nozzle
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you ever do an experiment in Science class where a drop of colored dye is placed into a static vessel of water? Left alone for a short time, the dye eventually mixes into the water to become a uniform mixture. The motion of the molecules in the water and dye creates the mixing. Same thing here. Shake it once to hasten the mixing and then leave it alone.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:08 PM
RC-Captain

When I added castor oil to 15% nitro glow fuel, I stirred the entire bottle with the cap on 6 times around then let it stop spinning and fueled my plane. I notices more smoke even on lean runs and more oil on the wing etc. GL
Old 06-17-2005, 09:07 AM
MassiveMods

Castor does like to smoke, it will deposit on your fuselage because it dosent all get burned off. this is actually the reason why castor is so important,..