Notices
RC Fuels Nitromethane, Castor Oil, Synthetic, heli fuel, 4 stroke, etc...Fuel Q&A is here!

And I thought it was impossible.

Old 06-17-2005, 06:22 PM
RC-Captain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default And I thought it was impossible.

Just wanted to post that I found 5% fuel. It's funny how I have went to numerous stores and was told I would never find this fuel but today I got lucky . I went where I really don't like to go because the lady is a Miss know it all and is very snobby unless you know her. Any way she had 5% 10% 15% all the way up to 30% I was in awe. I was going to buy a plane and a engine but I was just to afraid to even ask question only to receive the 'damn he's annoying look' from the lady. Well I'm feeling good about tomorrow . The DDUST is back together and I have what I believe is the right fuel needed for my MAG .28 engine. Right now I'm running it with 15% and it just will not run on the lean side and gets very very hot quickly . Ok I'm done .

RCF. esq.
Old 06-17-2005, 07:54 PM
JPMacG
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: And I thought it was impossible.

I think hobby shops like the higher percentage nitro because they can get a better markup. They can get away with making $6 on a gallon of 20% that costs them $12 but not on a gallon of 5% that only costs them $8.
Old 06-17-2005, 07:59 PM
RC-Captain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: And I thought it was impossible.

My friend you may have exposed the evil. I paid $12.49 for the 5% fuel , Omega. The same omega fuel at 15% cost me $23.00. I would mind paying more for the 15% but have something in the shop to cut it with. In other words have something you can sell me to make it 5%.