Community
Search
Notices
RC Fuels Nitromethane, Castor Oil, Synthetic, heli fuel, 4 stroke, etc...Fuel Q&A is here!

Diesel Car and Diesel Fuel Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 09:31 PM
ghost flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diesel Car and Diesel Fuel Help

I had to move this thread because the subject changed to Fuel.

I am helping some college students make a small car about 12 inches wide by 16 inches long that will be powered by a small diesel engine using "biodiesel" fuel that our research labs are developing. I need information about diesel engines. Our goal is to move the car 100 feet in about a minute. Any information or sources to determine engine size or a vendor would be appreciated.

David Owen replied:

Your 'biodiesel' fuel could possibly replace the kerosene content in a model diesel engine fuel. Ether and a suitable lubricating oil will still be required.
I would suggest you purchase a small diesel such as one of the PAW 55/049/060 types and build a prop-driven vehicle. Your stated goal of 100'/ 60sec should be readily achieveable with this sort of combination.

I replied:

what kind of ether is in the fuel and what percentages? Cator oil as a lubricant?
PAW engines look like a good source. I may e-mail them about the fuel requirements.