Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > RC Fuels
Anyone tried the Slimline F1 Fueling System yet? >

Anyone tried the Slimline F1 Fueling System yet?

Notices
RC Fuels Nitromethane, Castor Oil, Synthetic, heli fuel, 4 stroke, etc...Fuel Q&A is here!

Anyone tried the Slimline F1 Fueling System yet?

Old 03-08-2003, 09:54 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone tried the Slimline F1 Fueling System yet?

My Brand-x remote fueler keeps jamming open. When I go to start the engine the fuel tank pressurizes and fuel squirts all over the place through the jammed valve or should I say damned valve?

Can the Slimline F1 system handle a pressurized fuel tank?

Thanks for any info. JD
Old 03-29-2003, 01:32 PM

I have the F1 in my H9 Sukhoi - ZDZ - gas.
Had some problems at first because Slimline didnt get the o ring formulation right. The issue was that the probe or cap would fit nicely into the receiver when new. After exposure to gas the o ring would swell and it would be nearly impossible to extract the probe or cap from the receiver. That appears to have been fixed.
This issue was only with gas, not glow.

The probe and receptacle are precision machined and do have a nice fit. When coupled with the gas can pumper, it creates a very nice system. The fuel probe, when not in use, parks in a receptable of the pump body keep contaminants out of the system.

Slimline was very responsive when this problem was reported.

I switched to the F1 due to leaks developing in Dubro's giant gas (red) fueler. I use a 3 line system with two clunks in the tank.
Old 07-22-2003, 03:08 AM
My Feedback: (1)

I purchased the F1 fuel system but am disappointed and am going to replace it with the dubro quick fill valve. The problem is really part my fault as I didn't read the directions prior to installing it in my cowl. You absolutely need to install the F1 higher than the tank otherwise you have fuel running out all over the place. Even if I had read the direction I wouldn't have installed it on my plane because it wouldn't look good mounted above the tank (at least on my Lancair) but I suppose that is subjective.