Community
Search
Notices
RC Fuels Nitromethane, Castor Oil, Synthetic, heli fuel, 4 stroke, etc...Fuel Q&A is here!

Fuel still good

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 11:21 PM
Dirtdigger04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel still good

I have left some fuel in a venom fuel bottle, and had realized that it doesn't close all the way, and it leaks. Is the fuel still good. It is over a week old.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:31 PM
jeffie8696

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Fuel still good

Well if it still runs you should be OK since the Ethanol will evaporate or absorb moisture from the air. If you live in a dry climate you have a better chance. The oil isn't going anywhere so I doubt you will hurt anything. If it doesn't sound right don't use it.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:22 AM
Lille-bror

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fuel still good

There has been some writing concerning methanol and water. The other day I made a little test with homemade fuel: 80% methanol, 15% AeroSynth3 and 5% Nitromethan.
I took a glass from the kitchen, poured 50 ml of freshly mixed fuel + clean water in a 5 ml disposable syringe.

With a mixture of 2.0% water, there was nothing strange to see in the fuel.
At 5.7% water was a little precipitate after I had touched the mixture well around.
At 9.1% water fuel was totally non-transparent sential with VERY precipitate.
Photo: Clean fuel with no water left, and fuel with 9.1% water to the right.

This shows that the excess water should not be in the fuel. Buy pure methanol and hold cans tightly closed.

Another thing is the sunlight that makes the fuel is dark and sometimes unclear.
Whether it destroys the fuel I do not know.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay73348.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	1202873