Notices
RC Fuels Nitromethane, Castor Oil, Synthetic, heli fuel, 4 stroke, etc...Fuel Q&A is here!

Klotz oil

Old 06-27-2003, 12:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Klotz oil

Klotz oil

I use Cool Power 10% for both my engines (Saito 65 and Os 52). I was told to had 2 onces of Sig Klotz oil to my gallon of fuel. Is this a good idea, does anybody else do this? I guess it can't hurt but is it necesary. I had to change both crank bearings in my Saito, would this added oil further extend the life of these bearings?

Thank you.
Hornet1

Old 06-27-2003, 04:57 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Klotz oil

If it were necessary, Morgan would be doing it on their own. Failure to do so, if it were necessary, would result in loss of business and trust in the modeling community. Bearing failure can be caused by a lot of different things. Not using after run oil is the primary. High humidity is probably a close second. How old was the engine? If it has more than a couple of years on it, changing bearings is perfectly normal in my book.

John
Old 07-14-2003, 06:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Klotz oil

i have saito 80 and os 60 and 46 can i use 16% klotz