Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > RC Fuels
Reload this Page >

Kerosene and ether and a cox .049

Community
Search
Notices
RC Fuels Nitromethane, Castor Oil, Synthetic, heli fuel, 4 stroke, etc...Fuel Q&A is here!

Kerosene and ether and a cox .049

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 09:56 PM
whoopee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kerosene and ether and a cox .049

The other day i was fiddilin with a cox .049 and saw my kerosene over there and got it and primed it with little kerosene and ether hooked up my glow igniter fliped the prop a few time and it fired up and ran after the igniter fell off until it ran out of kerosene.
will a TRX 2.5 run like this and will any nitro run on this nitro is just to high.
Thanks
Whoopee

Old 02-15-2010, 11:13 PM
controlliner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Kerosene and ether and a cox .049

??????????????????????????????
Old 02-16-2010, 04:19 PM
Bobhend
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't burn that "kerosene" in a heater, at least not yet . Ether is very explosive and vapors go down, not up so be very careful. Regardless, it is very interesting because it sounds impossible so please get us an update. I thought the 049 required high nitro fuel but I really don't know much about them. BTW where can you get ether ?
Old 02-16-2010, 09:18 PM
Jim Thomerson

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have run glowplug engines on commercial model diesel fuel. Keep the plug hot for about 20 sec and they should keep running.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:52 AM
jetpack
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You don't need nitro in a glow motor. Just methanol and oil. Nitro is put in it to add "free" power.

You can add up to 3% Acetone to your mix to help with idle, which acts like 5% nitro mix.

Removing the head shim will bring back some power if you choose to try it which will raise the compression some.