Notices
RC Fuels Nitromethane, Castor Oil, Synthetic, heli fuel, 4 stroke, etc...Fuel Q&A is here!

How do I "mail order" glow fuel?

Old 07-16-2003, 11:46 AM
Aerial Madness

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I "mail order" glow fuel?

Guys,

I need 5% Omega or 5% Powermaster. What is the best way to get this through the mail? Who do I order it from? My local hobby shop ain't helping me much.

Thanks,
Old 07-16-2003, 03:31 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Call Powermaster, or Morgan (Omega) and order it from them. They will more than likely point you to one of their dealers who will take your order, or they will handle it and send you the fuel via UPS. Keep in mind there will be a hazardous material charge for each case. USPS will not ship hazardous materials.

What's wrong with the fuel your LHS carries?

John
Old 07-16-2003, 05:03 PM
Aerial Madness

Well,
My local hobby store is "hobby town usa" and they know cars, but when it comes to fuel and junk, hey, I'm on my own. I tried to get them to order it, but after I had to explain what 5% is, they said I would have to wait till they ordered the next time and they were not sure....bla, bla, bla.

So, I will try to order it myself.

Can you give me the internet addresses for Morgan and/or Powermaster?

Thanks,
Old 07-16-2003, 06:24 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ahhh, HT USA. Enough said. The one nearest me isn't much help either.

http://www.powermasterfuels.com/
-and-
http://www.morganfuel.com/modelfuel.htm

I'm not sure how far away the next nearest LHS is for you, but having shipped fuel before, it might be cheaper to drive even 50 miles to pick it up. Where do the other local flyers buy their fuel?

Good luck.

John
Old 07-16-2003, 08:35 PM
rwg

Default ORDERING FUEL

TRY HORIZON HOBBY THEY GAVE ME EXCELLANT SERVICE WHEN I ORDERED MY OMEGA FUEL :sunsmiley
Old 07-21-2003, 05:51 PM
bigbadbowtie

If Im not mistaken... Tower Hobbies....Tower Power fuel is Morgans Omega in a different bottle. If you look at the tower write up on it its an exact copy from the Morgan web page... or atleast it was.
Old 07-23-2003, 04:01 AM
fritzthecat
My Feedback: (4)

With all the hazmat charges, mailordering fuel becomes expensive.
Tower Hobbies sells Morgan Fuels under it's Tower Power name. They also sell Wildcat. Depending on how much you use you can get it in quart bottles (3 gallon case) or gallon bottles (4 gallon case). The gallons get charged hazmat fees (U$20), the quarts don't but they're more expensive so it evens out.
If you need 5 cases or more it's cheaper to order direct from Wildcat or Morgan or Powermaster and have it trucked to a business.

Fritz
Old 07-23-2003, 11:02 AM
bigbadbowtie

Also if your looking to mail order some GREAT fuel... check out
http://www.s-whobby.com Stan will mix it just about anyway you want it. The last case of quarts I ordered was a case of 20% nitro/20% oil. Thats a total of 3 gallons.

Shipped to my door it came to about 4.30 per quart.

Ray
Old 07-25-2003, 02:49 AM
dickj
My Feedback: (1)

I have ordered many many gallons of Red Max and love the fuel. They can and will ship you fuel in qts. thus circumventing the haz mat fuel shipment problem which pertains to Gallons only. Remember there is never a law passed in Washington until they figure a way around it! Go to: http://members.aol.com/FHSoil/RedMax.html and order in the qts. any mix and quantity youwant delivered to your home. I dont work for Red Max either.
Old 08-06-2003, 02:11 AM
Warren
My Feedback: (72)

If you are looking to power a large motor like a Moki etc. You can usually find someone local to sell Methanol.

Mailorder whatever oil you like (Klotz from Tower Hobbies), and then mix your own.

You don't need nitro, and you end up spending about $6-$8 a gallon depending on Methanol cost.
Old 08-06-2003, 06:35 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

We all get together at our club in the winter and make a fuel order. We get it shipped by truck. The price comes out right and the fuel manufacturer will let us mix and match as long as a gallon case box has four gallons of the same mix fuel in it. This last time, I got two cases of 10% and two cases of 20%. Most people ordered 15%. It all came on the same truck.

Maybe you and a friend or two could get together and make u[p a order big enough to ship by truck?

Enjoy,

Jim