Notices
RC Fuels Nitromethane, Castor Oil, Synthetic, heli fuel, 4 stroke, etc...Fuel Q&A is here!

How many ounces per gallon?

Old 07-25-2003, 05:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many ounces per gallon?

Im mixing my own fuel, any help is appreciated
Old 07-25-2003, 05:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: How many ounces per gallon?

Ummm, let me see, the colonists screwed up when they came over and forget that there were supposed to be 20fl oz's to a pint, so a US pint has only 16fl oz's.
8 pints in a gallon, so that's a total of 128fl oz's.

If you're measuring by weight that's a totally different matter since each ingredient has a different weight for a specific volume...
Old 07-25-2003, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THanks for responding, I just found it.
I want a funtana, but everyones out for now. Oh well

How do you like the Funtana so far?

Joey
Old 07-25-2003, 06:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I found one at the LHS so I bought it, along with a Saito 72. I was his best customer that day

Well, I've had a couple of trainers and recently I dug out my Study Birdy and flung that around the sky a bit, but the Funtana is my first low wing and first non trainer plane.

With the rates turned down it really is an easy docile plane to fly and looks good in the air. Its a nice plane for relaxing flying with a few lazy loops and rolls, you don't have to do crazy 3D stuff with it. It flies slower than a trainer...
The only slightly tricky part I'm finding is in the landing... If you just chop the throttle, the plane can stall and just drop on the ground. If you keep the speed up slightly, the plane will just keep on floating past... Real good fun though...