Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

how do you start a wet engine

Old 01-29-2011, 02:43 AM
splcrazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do you start a wet engine

i washed my 5b and may have got water in the engine somehow , got it to pop and turned on for about 3 seconds and thats all wont start at all , i put the plug touching near the exhaust and pulled the string plenty of spark but when i put it back in the engine i get nothing
Old 01-29-2011, 03:08 AM
cuemando

Default RE: how do you start a wet engine

You might have broken a ring.

When you said " i washed", was that pressure washed, hand washed by a PICTURE model or just thrown in the wash with the overalls or in the dishwasher????
Old 01-29-2011, 04:32 AM
splcrazy

lol pressure washed , , i rebuilt the engine put a brand new piston ring on it and then after it was all done i pressure washed it , i dont understand why it wont fire up , well tommorow is gonna be 40deg im just gonna leave it out in that frying sun heat and see if it fixes and dries out any water somewhere lol , if that doesnt work i need to remove the engine and go through the whole thing and clean it all out
Old 01-29-2011, 05:15 AM
ByronRC
My Feedback: (2)

In boats this happens a lot after a flip. sometimes a ring of water gets into the threaded portion of the spark plug between the electrode. Tap the spark plug and make sure all that water is out. while you have the spark plug off pull the starter over until most of any fluid is out of there. put it together and idle it blipping the throttle every once in awhile. This happens to me about once every other saturday and a buddies boat atleast every saturday just make sure you run that engine ASAP to prevent corrosion.
Old 01-29-2011, 02:26 PM
splcrazy

ORIGINAL: ByronRC

In boats this happens a lot after a flip. sometimes a ring of water gets into the threaded portion of the spark plug between the electrode. Tap the spark plug and make sure all that water is out. while you have the spark plug off pull the starter over until most of any fluid is out of there. put it together and idle it blipping the throttle every once in awhile. This happens to me about once every other saturday and a buddies boat atleast every saturday just make sure you run that engine ASAP to prevent corrosion.
thanks man ill try that today , my arms are killing me today from pulling the cord a billion times , i wish i had that drill roto start in situations like this
Old 01-29-2011, 04:56 PM
splcrazy

with the heat this morning i went to start it up and it fired up and ran like normal lol , looks like some of the water dried off and settled to the bottom i revved it up and blew out all the fuel and remaining crap in it and she's running fine .
Old 01-29-2011, 05:19 PM
Johnnysplits

Compressed air is your friend after a pressure wash!!! lol
Old 02-04-2011, 03:36 AM
cuemando

yeap, might aswell blow it in further.