Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Integy 5b alloy radio box

Old 02-17-2011, 12:54 AM
splcrazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Integy 5b alloy radio box

im re building my 5b into something special , just wondering if this is worth getting , will it cause radio glitches with my spektrum dx3r
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Gd93535.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	1565288  
Old 02-17-2011, 12:56 AM
Zonk

Default RE: Integy 5b alloy radio box

Bling is important but a metal radio box is pointless. Just useless weight.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:56 AM
aluminum crusher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No , the 2.4 radios should not have any glitches from metal or electric parts. And I myself is buying one of those. I already have Integy a arms, front & rear shock towers and shock towers brace's , beed locks , front and rear hub's, and front and rear top plates. All is silver billet aluminum oh and i got their new wheel nuts and steering unit. I'll post some pic's soon once it's all finished. ( this will be my second aluminum baja build the first had a 28.5 stuffed crank thats all and that thing flew with all aluminum parts from Integy and Turtle racing, And VG performance parts) It got an 2 speed with 30.5 ...16-58 first gear and 20-54 for second gear, man that thing is FAAAaaaaaassssssst. I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE XTRA WEIGHT IM NOT A PRO RACER IM JUST HAVING A FUN BASH EVERY TIME I GO OUT. Those 30.5 are used on go peds to pull large kids around for fun. So a 30 to 35 lb buggy will not hurt that motor in any way. The x tra weight makes the motor really show off it's torque
Old 02-17-2011, 02:15 AM
splcrazy

ORIGINAL: aluminum crusher

No , the 2.4 radios should not have any glitches from metal or electric parts. And I myself is buying one of those. I already have Integy a arms, front & rear shock towers and shock towers brace's , beed locks , front and rear hub's, and front and rear top plates. All is silver billet aluminum oh and i got their new wheel nuts and steering unit. I'll post some pic's soon once it's all finished. ( this will be my second aluminum baja build the first had a 28.5 stuffed crank thats all and that thing flew with all aluminum parts from Integy and Turtle racing, And VG performance parts) It got an 2 speed with 30.5 ...16-58 first gear and 20-54 for second gear, man that thing is FAAAaaaaaassssssst. I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE XTRA WEIGHT IM NOT A PRO RACER IM JUST HAVING A FUN BASH EVERY TIME I GO OUT. Those 30.5 are used on go peds to pull large kids around for fun. So a 30 to 35 lb buggy will not hurt that motor in any way. The x tra weight makes the motor really show off it's torque
yeah i know man when im finished this thing is gonna be insane as it is now with the current alluminum parts its heavy as it is , but my modded TS motor is more than enough to push this beast and mine is also super fast , i admit its never gonna be faster than a stock 5b running all plastic parts , but when you do the mods plastic isnt good enough anymore for the extra power the motor is pushing out , i just love blinging aluminum. ive thought of getting all integy parts LOL but fear the laughs i would get for going with that brand but the radio box is different , i wish other maufactures would make an alloy radio box aswell , darksoul racing you listening LOL , i love darksoul racing parts
Old 02-17-2011, 02:22 AM
aluminum crusher

DUDE forget what people will say check out this video this dude gots money and he buys integy parts along with others

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnxRv...eature=related

And here is part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH_hm...eature=related
Old 02-17-2011, 02:29 AM
splcrazy

DUDE forget what people will say check out this video this dude gots money and he buys integy parts along with others

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnxRv...eature=related

And here is part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH_hm...eature=related
ha ha i just went on ebay and bought mine in silver , now just gotta wait 2 weeks for ddm to get the light weight race chassis damn it 2 long weeks they think
Old 02-17-2011, 02:34 AM
aluminum crusher

How you like the videos...man i tell you that dude rocks check this one out it's my favorite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd4vrz4VyWA&NR=1
Old 02-17-2011, 02:49 AM
splcrazy

How you like the videos...man i tell you that dude rocks check this one out it's my favorite

yeah watched the vids , man i thought i wasted alot of money on my 5b , but thats just way over the top i think that guy doesnt even run that , the neon in the chassis looks fantastic . mines gonna look good but not that good lol , i run mine nearly every weekend with all the bling i spent on it and it does get dirty . but after seeing that man i think i need to sell my other 5b and my fg mt to keep up with the mods lol . all i know is i have a crap load of polishing to get done and i havnt got all the parts yet cos im waiting on ddm to get the chassis , and even then its gonna be one hell of a long day and many hours rebuilding
Old 02-17-2011, 02:54 AM
aluminum crusher

DUDE THATS WHY YOU GOTTA HAVE 2 OF THEM...While the queen at home ...(shelf queen that is) the King is out playing ha ha ha ...that is the other baja out having a ball...i mean bash
Old 02-17-2011, 09:36 AM
Shabbernigdo

this thread makes me lol.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:43 PM
splcrazy

DUDE THATS WHY YOU GOTTA HAVE 2 OF THEM...While the queen at home ...(shelf queen that is) the King is out playing ha ha ha ...that is the other baja out having a ball...i mean bash
ha ha yeah that was the idea why i bought 2 5b's both of them have nearly have the same amount of mods , but 1 more than the other , but i dont care i love to run both , think ill sell the fg mt but i feel like keeping it too lol
Old 02-17-2011, 12:50 PM
splcrazy

lol watched this , man ive never seen anyone put so much effort into their vids , that guy has real passion for this hobby , i respect that and thats what makes me happy about keep staying into this hobby as long as i live lol
Old 02-17-2011, 01:08 PM
aluminum crusher

Check out his others click on his channel
Old 02-18-2011, 12:05 AM
LOST IN MN

I built a high end 5t VW last year for an rc showwith an integy alloy radio box. It's a piece of crap. 4 times I received a broken one just from shipping. The screw that holds the antenna on is made of jello. And they designed the angle of the battery plug so low that you can't charge the battery as you can't get the charger plug in because of the gas tank. It's cheap poorly designed crap.
Steer Clear. Every single integy part I have owned has broken. It's potmetal. This isn't gossip I've owned these items and speak from experience.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:15 AM
splcrazy

ORIGINAL: LOST IN MN

I built a high end 5t VW last year for an rc show with an integy alloy radio box. It's a piece of crap. 4 times I received a broken one just from shipping. The screw that holds the antenna on is made of jello. And they designed the angle of the battery plug so low that you can't charge the battery as you can't get the charger plug in because of the gas tank. It's cheap poorly designed crap.
Steer Clear. Every single integy part I have owned has broken. It's potmetal. This isn't gossip I've owned these items and speak from experience.
yeah but which version was that ? the v1 or v2 , the one i got is the v2 , so hopefully those issues are gone
Old 02-18-2011, 12:26 AM
splcrazy

I built a high end 5t VW last year for an rc show with an integy alloy radio box. It's a piece of crap. 4 times I received a broken one just from shipping. The screw that holds the antenna on is made of jello. And they designed the angle of the battery plug so low that you can't charge the battery as you can't get the charger plug in because of the gas tank. It's cheap poorly designed crap.
Hey i saw your posts in the hpibajaforum about the integy radio box you bought and thats the V1 , so what are you talking about you said in those posts that it was really good ? anyway the one i got is the v2 which is much better than the v1 you bought.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:15 PM
aluminum crusher

DUDE to me Integy parts are pretty tough...I hit a man hole lid dead on full top speed, and the integy a arm on the left was only bent by 3mm it should have been broken , the integy bulkhead was a ok but the hpi top plate and front nose of the chassis was torn...rip the heck up...you know what i mean. I then bought a Integy top plate for front and rear. So what I'm saying is that none of these parts are unbreakable, even many have broken Elcon aluminum parts, I was one of them. but for the price of Integy parts versus others ...they are well worth it. But to the person at hand buy what you like as long as you can afford it with a smile...but don't forget about the needy[8D]
Old 02-18-2011, 10:12 PM
LOST IN MN

I was one of the first people to have the integy alloy box. Iwas less than pleased although it looked good for the build I did I would never buy another item from them after breaking several items during install and having a hell of a time with their customer service. Their parts are not of the quality of other available items.

If you read my comments on HBF, keep reading I changed my opinion after messing around with their crappy service for more than 6 weeks.

Buy what you want to buy. I am giving you first hand experience from owning and dealing with their parts you can take my advice or leave it. Any company not willing to tell you the quality of their materials in my opinion has something to hide. Take any integy part and compare it to a quality TR or GH part and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the difference.

Again I speak from my experience with these products not on gossip or speculation.

And by the way Im the person who informed Integy of the problems with the V1 radio box! They could gold plate that thing and I still wouldn't buy another one.
Quality control, product testing, and awesome customer service gets my business not companys who use subpar materials, rush products into production, and who give you the run around when their are problems in which they are responsible!
Old 02-18-2011, 10:39 PM
Killer RC

Plus I heard that the Integy radio box was smaller inside than the stock box. Some battery packs might not fit. Boo. Not cool.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:25 PM
LOST IN MN

ORIGINAL: Killer RC

Plus I heard that the Integy radio box was smaller inside than the stock box. Some battery packs might not fit. Boo. Not cool.
LOL i'm glad you brought that up I totally forgot about that part of it. Just another problem on a long list!
Old 02-19-2011, 12:54 AM
splcrazy

I was one of the first people to have the integy alloy box. I was less than pleased although it looked good for the build I did I would never buy another item from them after breaking several items during install and having a hell of a time with their customer service. Their parts are not of the quality of other available items.

If you read my comments on HBF, keep reading I changed my opinion after messing around with their crappy service for more than 6 weeks.

Buy what you want to buy. I am giving you first hand experience from owning and dealing with their parts you can take my advice or leave it. Any company not willing to tell you the quality of their materials in my opinion has something to hide. Take any integy part and compare it to a quality TR or GH part and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the difference.

Again I speak from my experience with these products not on gossip or speculation.

And by the way Im the person who informed Integy of the problems with the V1 radio box! They could gold plate that thing and I still wouldn't buy another one.
Quality control, product testing, and awesome customer service gets my business not companys who use subpar materials, rush products into production, and who give you the run around when their are problems in which they are responsible!
the box i got is the v2 , so ill see how it is when i get it , if its no good than who cares , i dont care about wasting money it doesnt bother me
Old 02-19-2011, 06:44 AM
LOST IN MN

Hopefully they have made significant changes to it to allow for more functionality and less chance for breakage. Ido admit it's a nice looking part but quality wise and customer service was less than appropriate.
Hopefully you have better luck!!!

Make sure you have the o-ring around the lid seated very well before attaching the cover so it doesn't break.
Old 02-19-2011, 02:34 PM
splcrazy

Hopefully they have made significant changes to it to allow for more functionality and less chance for breakage. I do admit it's a nice looking part but quality wise and customer service was less than appropriate.
Hopefully you have better luck!!!

Make sure you have the o-ring around the lid seated very well before attaching the cover so it doesn't break.
no worries friend , ill make sure to post up pics of it , and describe if it works or not , if it doesnt im just gonna take my plastic radio box to get plastic chromed , hope its not the kind of plastic that melts in the plastic chroming process lol