Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

King baja upgrade questions ???????

Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

King baja upgrade questions ???????

Old 03-03-2011, 12:11 AM
PeeBeMe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default King baja upgrade questions ???????

I want more power out of my buggy, so I have some questions. Im new to this 5th scale stuff....
I was looking at some Big Bore Kits for the engine & wanted to know if I changed my engine with these kits would it just be a easy drop in or would I have to do some other mods to make this kit RTR ?
What Kit would be better for a 23cc engine:
THE "INTEGY" it turns your 23cc to a 30.5cc
THE "Hooter" it turns your 23cc to a 28.5cc
THE "Chung Yang" it turns your 23cc to a 26cc
the integy kit cost to much for me but this question is : Does it real matter or can either one Drop right in with no mods ?

With these kits will I get the same power as if I had brought a new 26 to 30.5 engine or is it a little bit under power from the kit ??

I wanna save some money on doing so but on doing the right/smart way but more power & all out fun
Old 03-03-2011, 10:47 AM
cheezer1222
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: King baja upgrade questions ???????

ORIGINAL: PeeBeMe

the integy kit cost to much for me but this question is : Does it real matter or can either one Drop right in with no mods ?

With these kits will I get the same power as if I had brought a new 26 to 30.5 engine or is it a little bit under power from the kit ??
I posted a few answers in your other thread, but I'll answer these two questions (to the best of my knowledge) in here.

1. Head kits usually do not require any mods to install them. There are exceptions. If you are getting a 30.5cc kit, you will need a +2mm stroker crank (assuming that the kit doesn't come with one) and you will, in all likelyhood, need to stack gaskets. Usually the kit comes with the two gaskets needed (a copper and normal gasket). Other than that, whatever's in the kit should be all you need, and should just bolt right on.

2. Yes. There are also exceptions to this as well. But essentially the answer is yes.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:03 PM
NitroBurn1

Default RE: King baja upgrade questions ???????

A big bore kit will increase power, as I went with a 29cc cy. But a pipe will be the best power upgrade you can get. Even a big bore kit won't give the power you want without a good pipe. I suggest a tuned pipe for your first power upgrade, and you will see a huge difference.