Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

baja 5b 2.0 rtr or 5bss

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 07:06 PM
junior driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default baja 5b 2.0 rtr or 5bss

i want to get a baja 5b. 5b 2.0 rtr come with 23cc , radio , failsafe, muffler. except that what is the different between 5b 2.0 rtr and 5bss ? shock and the diff of 5b rtr same as 5bss ? , I don't have time to assemble 5b , however if there is some weak point on 5b rtr which did not exist on 5bss, I will get 5bss instead . any advice will be greatly appricated.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:24 PM
cheezer1222
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: baja 5b 2.0 rtr or 5bss

ORIGINAL: junior driver

... I don't have time to assemble 5b
If this is true, why is the SS even an option? Are you trying to decide between a new 2.0 and a used SS?

My vote would be for the SS simply because you build it. When you are done you know your car inside and out. Helps make repairs go a bit easier. Also, building the kit doesn't take too long. If you dedicate a few hours a day, you'll have it done in a few days.

I can't speak to the differences between the two anymore. I bought my SS before the 2.0 came out. It used to be that the SS had a few better things (beefier shocks, thicker dogbones, 26cc engine). You could probably answer your comparison questions by reading about them on hpi's website.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:21 PM
meminiau

I think the only difference now that the version 2 of the 5b has been released, is that the SS has the 26cc and the RTR has 23. I recently bought the 5b myself and I am happy :-)

I think the SS also requires a radio.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:05 AM
junior driver

ORIGINAL: cheezer1222

ORIGINAL: junior driver

... I don't have time to assemble 5b
If this is true, why is the SS even an option? Are you trying to decide between a new 2.0 and a used SS?

My vote would be for the SS simply because you build it. When you are done you know your car inside and out. Helps make repairs go a bit easier. Also, building the kit doesn't take too long. If you dedicate a few hours a day, you'll have it done in a few days.

I can't speak to the differences between the two anymore. I bought my SS before the 2.0 came out. It used to be that the SS had a few better things (beefier shocks, thicker dogbones, 26cc engine). You could probably answer your comparison questions by reading about them on hpi's website.
I have found the info of 5b 2.0 and 5bss, they are almost indentical , expect 5b 2.0 use 23cc , 5t muffler, it come with everything , battery, radio....., it is very good price
Old 04-03-2011, 07:13 AM
cheezer1222
My Feedback: (3)

That might be a good choice for you then. Whatever you get, I hope you enjoy it. The baja is a very fun vehicle.