Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

shengqi baja tx

Old 06-19-2011, 07:33 AM
shandy123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shengqi baja tx

hi guys new to this forum ,looking for advise on how to identify which manual do i need for my tx.to start i am the unfortunate owner of a shengqi baja buggy 23cc,i have had this thing for a month now and it has been nothing but trouble.after 20 minutes the spur gear stripped and 1 rear shock started to leak (it has only ever been run on a flat football field) next trip it failed to start faulty coil,next time out pull cord snapped ,problems keep coming fuel cap not vented,but the best is still to come ,yesterday it ren for 3minutes then stopped the clutch bell had snapped from its collar and the carrier had cracked in half,anyway i digress from the original question this thing came with a 2.4 ghz tx model ng-3lt but the manual does not include this as it is an upgrade,can anyone help as to where i can find instructions for the tx i have tried looking on the net but have drawn a blank to date cheers
Old 08-07-2011, 02:39 PM
Spexx

Default RE: shengqi baja tx

I have the Monster Truck version BigFoot Hummer. I've had for just under a week and the diff screws holding the gear have come loose and moved the gear mesh so no drive. I think its an easy fix as am loving my new found love (1/5th scale) with its chunky screws and not so fiddly parts unlike 1/10 nitro cars. I've got the back end taken aparton mine just waiting for replacement screws (cheap from maplin or ebay) I've only just got over the tuning learning curve as I've had the thing running rich with my plug black/dark brown. Its now a Tan colour and love the sound of it now even with the stock plastic pipe. It idles for as long as it has fuel,but leaves a black oily mess from exhauston mygarden.Am constantly on ebay looking for a tuned pipe or similar. I nearly bought a Savage Nitro truck muffler/exhaust to connect the stock rubber pipe. Would this work or am I going to break my problem free engine so far.
It came with 2 radio systems, the 27mhz version and 2.4ghz. My 27mhz one makes the steering servo twitch especially at around 15 metres distance so my failsafe goes to brake every time I try to get that top speed. Is this caused by the engine as I know the ignition system in these small engine can interfere with radio equipment e.t.c? I have a condenser from an old engine that stops this in its original motorbike use, will this work with these engines?
MY 2.4 ghz came with a loose sheet just saying to press and hold a sunken button behind the controller until red L.E.D flash then press and hold button on receiver until red l.e.d then it will bind. With the amount of trims on it you will be able to set your model controls easily. Is there anything particular you wanted to know about your radio system?.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:39 PM
bbuzzard
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: shandy123

hi guys new to this forum ,looking for advise on how to identify which manual do i need for my tx.to start i am the unfortunate owner of a shengqi baja buggy 23cc,i have had this thing for a month now and it has been nothing but trouble.after 20 minutes the spur gear stripped and 1 rear shock started to leak (it has only ever been run on a flat football field) next trip it failed to start faulty coil,next time out pull cord snapped ,problems keep coming fuel cap not vented,but the best is still to come ,yesterday it ren for 3minutes then stopped the clutch bell had snapped from its collar and the carrier had cracked in half,anyway i digress from the original question this thing came with a 2.4 ghz tx model ng-3lt but the manual does not include this as it is an upgrade,can anyone help as to where i can find instructions for the tx i have tried looking on the net but have drawn a blank to date cheers
shandy,
Your best bet is to post up a picture of your TX/RX...that will help folks help you, especially since there are so many radio systems spec'd with RTR's these days.

Old 08-08-2011, 02:27 PM
Spexx

BTW am using a 4 cell AA 6v holder for my electrics as am waiting on a 5 cell pack. Could this be why my radio gets twitchy at a 15 metredistance?????? Coz the steering servo is huge.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:21 PM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you using alkaline-batteries (1,5 volt) or rechargeable batteries? If the latter on, the output from the holder is only 4,8 volt, which is not too great. And with alkalines they might not have enough juice to drive the servos to well either. Wait for the 5 cell pack and see if it gets better. I guess the servos draws so much power that there is nothing left for the receiver to receive the signals it wants to receive
Old 08-11-2011, 03:10 AM
Spexx

Thnx Lars. The steering has come alive with the 5 cell pack and radio issues have been less but still there so changing radio asap. My diff and pinion have lost their correct meshing and are now making a stripping noise when I put the power down. With the engine off they reach each other just kinda loose. Am now moving the engine back and does anyone know if an alloy velocity stack is worth the purchase?

Old 08-11-2011, 12:34 PM
Spexx

Wow if its not 1 thing its anothe. Fixed my diff meshing by puting a piece of paper folded over to create 2 sheets between the gears, loosening the engine then shfting it back then tightening. Perfect mesh, but on testing I hit a rock and now the steering servo makes a grinding noise when I turn. I can't afford a new 1/5 scale servo riht now so am searching for servo gears that ******** currently do not have in stock. It still turns when being driven but am guessing it will get worse and end up fully broke. Is there a cheaper way of fixing this?
Also can a standard size servo handle 5th scales?
Old 01-12-2014, 05:13 PM
ratpower396

a standard size servo doesnt have the power or durability that the 1/5 scale cars require. Try looking for a hitec 805mg servo i have seen them brand new on ebay for around $40..
Old 01-20-2014, 05:26 AM
tizdaz

Dont wanna put a downer onto u dude, but if I was you get shut of the thing and put the funds towards a new or used km/hpi or fg etc, otherwise your gunna end up spending alot on parts with the sheng and will prob put you off this hobby altogether, the sheng is prob the worse largescale there is out there in terms of quality :-/