Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Is a redcat xt as good and durable as an hpi baja 5b

Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Is a redcat xt as good and durable as an hpi baja 5b

Old 08-31-2011, 02:56 PM
noyb98098
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is a redcat xt as good and durable as an hpi baja 5b

LMAO yet again!!! Thanks for the text Obeast! It was worth coming over to read this.. Sherv is crazy and funny all at once! Hopefully he'll come through with the Hurrax Zynit RS, time will tell! But you guys have to admit, the forum gets a lot funnier when Sherv starts posting!
ORIGINAL: Obeast44

ORIGINAL: bbuzzard

ORIGINAL: Sherv

I dont understand you redcat fanboys. You honestly think what Sheo said is marketing? He is right... Generally the more you pay in this hobby the better the quality. You honestly cant deny that the redcat is a low end 1/5th scale. It can't even be paired in the same group as MCD, FG, HARM, Lauterbach, Hurrax, Kamitiro, Contrast, and so on. It is in the Smartech, Nutech, Rovan, KM, FS, ShengQi, SY, and CEN group and in that group its definitely one of the better options.
However after thinking about it I would go with the Baja if I were you simply because of the parts available, customization options, and Deal of the Day at Daves.
Man, shut up and race me...[img][/img]

Hey Bbuzz, he won't and you know it. He will sit behind the computer and talk trash all day and never back it up.

@Sherv As far as you buying a Zynit, I will believe that when I see it. All I see from you its lots of talk with absolutely ZERO actions to back your mouth up. Its simple, put up or SHUT UP. I will gladly make the 10hr drive to Virginia to put that Shervtech , FG MT, MCD, Zynit , nitro or whatever else you plan on buying between now and then in its place. That is if Buzz doesn't handle you first.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:12 PM
Sherv
My Feedback: (1)

You redcat groupies act like a 599 Redcat XB is of equal quality to 1.5k + Contrast Fuego or FG Leopard.
Lunacy!!!
I'm not racing hugh with my nutech because i took the engine off today. I'm selling it. You know why? Nutech, Redcat, Smartech, FS, SY, and so on.... No matter how much money you put into it... It's still low end.

See its one thing to buy redcat because you dont have the funds or cant justify spending more on the hobby. Thats fine... But you guys make it sound like you buy redcats because they are the best and theres no reason why someone should buy a proper machine that costs over 1.2k in a roller configuration.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:08 PM
bbuzzard
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

More excuses...
Old 08-31-2011, 05:21 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Alright let's tone it down so I don't have to lock the thread.

Without trying to take sides - People need to stop getting so defensive about RedCat products in general, and not only in this forum.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:32 PM
Obeast44

Its not being defensive, its the nonstop arrogance from a certain member that comes into Redcat threads to stir crap up.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:34 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Alright, lets leave it at that.

If you find a post offensive, mark it and move on. Don't add fuel to the fire.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:31 PM
rob64n

you're even a mod here and you added to it. so why is it fair for you and not the rest of us? (sheo)
Old 09-04-2011, 12:24 AM
xerxes

ORIGINAL: rob64n

you're even a mod here and you added to it. so why is it fair for you and not the rest of us? (sheo)
hees got a point ther[X(]
Old 09-04-2011, 12:37 AM
xerxes

I dont understand you redcat fanboys. You honestly think what Sheo said is marketing? He is right... Generally the more you pay in this hobby the better the quality. You honestly cant deny that the redcat is a low end 1/5th scale. It can't even be paired in the same group as MCD, FG, HARM, Lauterbach, Hurrax, Kamitiro, Contrast, and so on. It is in the Smartech, Nutech, Rovan, KM, FS, ShengQi, SY, and CEN group and in that group its definitely one of the better options.
However after thinking about it I would go with the Baja if I were you simply because of the parts available, customization options, and Deal of the Day at Daves.
so by ur logic, u woodnt hav any problem paying 2,000 fer a new stock 5b kit wit no motor or elects?
wood u b singing da same song if a 5b roller cost 3,000? how much r u willing 2 pay for "top quality"?

rc cars can only get so xpensive, then ur just paying 4 da brand name. da days of spending alot 4 quality is & has bin over 4 us rc enthusiasts. case in point.
how much was a top quality lipo batt 2 yrs ago? & how much is a top quality batt 2 day?
wut about 2.4ghz systms wen dey 1st came out? how about now?
Old 09-04-2011, 02:05 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: xerxes

so by ur logic, u woodnt hav any problem paying 2,000 fer a new stock 5b kit wit no motor or elects?
wood u b singing da same song if a 5b roller cost 3,000? how much r u willing 2 pay for ''top quality''?

rc cars can only get so xpensive, then ur just paying 4 da brand name. da days of spending alot 4 quality is & has bin over 4 us rc enthusiasts. case in point.
how much was a top quality lipo batt 2 yrs ago? & how much is a top quality batt 2 day?
wut about 2.4ghz systms wen dey 1st came out? how about now?
With the greatest of respect, you have been here a galactic milisecond. This fourm has a lot of history of fanboys taking one side or another and causing massive disruption. It was all out war at several points in this forum's history.

Everyone needs to get less defensive about their products and that includes but is not limited to...

People attacking others simply for buying a cheap clone
The 5b fanclub.
The Nutech fanclub
The Redcat fanclub.

It's starting to get out of hand again, and many of you will remember what happened the last time it got out of hand...a lot of members got banned. People need to realise that once you start adding parts to compensate for the weaknesses of these cheap RCs there is nothing to choose between them. Ultimately, they all cost the same.

For me, the really funny part is people thinking the HPI 5b cars are 'top quality'. They are not. At least not until you've plowed $1000 of upgrades into them, and the same goes for all these cheaper cars too.

As for 'the days of buying top quality is over for enthusiasts', I have no clue where you get that from. There has never been a time where it's more important to buy quality in the first place. With the economic difficulties, companies are taking more and more shortcuts in the design and material quality of RC cars. Look at traxxas and HPI, recycling the same chassis over and over again with no attention to the weak points that have been known for years.

As for people paying thousands of dollars for rollers. Yes they do. Say hello to Harm, FG, Lauterbacher, Elcon, and many other brands that take their racing heritage seriously.

Save some pennies Xerxes, buy a Mugen or Xray, you'll see what I mean.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:29 AM
xerxes

ORIGINAL: Foxy
do dey make 1/5 scale buggys & monstr truks?[&:]
Old 09-04-2011, 07:46 AM
xerxes

& lastly, xerxes in no way shape or form believs hpi is top quality. i am anti hpi in evry respect.

im shure u remember my savage
Old 09-04-2011, 09:16 AM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

I have a HPI 5b SS but if Red Cat ever gets the diff housing problems fixed and I can afford it I will get a XB. 7075 RC that makes the wheel hubs that cures the wheel bearing problem is talking about making a alloy diff case that uses bigger bearings like his wheel hubs. I think the XB has GREAT potential for a low end buggy.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:04 AM
Foxy

No they don't, but I highly doubt (judging from your post) that you are about to drop $2000 on a rolling chassis, so there isn't much point telling you to buy the top of the range elcon or harm. The point is those two brands will restore your faith that quality at the top IS still quality.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:47 AM
mooman007uk

don't forget laut, fg leopard comp and dare i say it , now the hurrax rc's

the high end cars cost more cos they don't need much, if anything, in the way of upgrades to be durable, fast and competetive, they are designed specifically for racing...lower spec cars do need the upgrades to be more durable.....however the big names aren't just more reliable they also have better chassis/handling attributes that comes from the design and geometry etc that's why they are dominant in the european racing scene...imo you can spend a lot on getting cheaper cars to be reliable but their handling will still be somewhat lacking compared to higher end cars.....you gets what you pay for still rings true.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:18 PM
46u

ORIGINAL: mooman007uk

don't forget laut, fg leopard comp and dare i say it , now the hurrax rc's

the high end cars cost more cos they don't need much, if anything, in the way of upgrades to be durable, fast and competetive, they are designed specifically for racing...lower spec cars do need the upgrades to be more durable.....however the big names aren't just more reliable they also have better chassis/handling attributes that comes from the design and geometry etc that's why they are dominant in the european racing scene...imo you can spend a lot on getting cheaper cars to be reliable but their handling will still be somewhat lacking compared to higher end cars.....you gets what you pay for still rings true.
This is all fine and good if you are racing and can find any tracks that do it competitively. Here in North America large scale racing is not that big and in most places none existent unfortunately. So many times a lower end car is just fine. One of the big races here in the states if you can call it big was at LargescaleRC.com track. In the 4 wheel drive class even thaw there where some higher end cars the Redcat won. [X(]

If they get the diff case problem fixed and with the parts I all ready have I can have a decent XB up graded to be reliable for under $900. Can I get a higher end buggy for that? I understand what you are saying but unless you are racing much of the time a low end vehicle is just fine.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:39 PM
xerxes

No they don't, but I highly doubt (judging from your post) that you are about to drop $2000 on a rolling chassis, so there isn't much point telling you to buy the top of the range elcon or harm. The point is those two brands will restore your faith that quality at the top IS still quality.
ur rite. il nevr pay 2000 on a bloody roller. da savage flux hp was da biggst waste of money n ill nevr spend dat much, on any brand, agen.

but heers da kickr. u say xerxes shood save up n get a mugen or xray.
y wood i spent dat much on thos 2 brands, wen im perfictly content wit my redcats?
sinse im not a 'core racer dude, thers no need 4 a xtremly high quality, xpensive vehicle.
as 46u sed, in most cases, 4 da average joe, not a core competetiv racer dude, a redcat is just fine.

fine enuff 4 xerxes. i has3 redcats now, & im deciding on my 4th. eithr a 1/5 dune runner or 1/5 rampage mt.
& ill b funding my next redcat wit da money made frum pawning da savage flux hp moneypit.

i luv redcat. i also luv wen im whippn around a parkin lot or flyn up da street & sumbody sez " sc10"?
my replys always da same. " nah. redcat, (pause), uv nevr herd of em"

i also luv da fact dat sumbody saw a window. an opening. sum1 sed 1/5 scales r cool, but they dont need 2 cost ovr 1000.
& 4 dat, xerxes is quite gratefull.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:56 PM
xerxes

.i was @ rcx chicago 2011. i was da only 1 runnin redcats & thunder tiger. tons of onlookers stoppd & askd wut i was runnin. sed it lookd tuff but didnt recognize it

dats my aftrshok 8e @ 7 sec.
i had da win. it twas in my grasp.

dat laminate ice skating floor was my kryptonite.[&o]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHxBY...e_gdata_player

& heers da thundr tiger. @ 1:12 u can c me get clippd & do a million flips
@ 1:16 me score on my own teem
8:00 me klobber da fence 2 tie it up.
watch da whol vid ul c a bunch of xerxes power plays
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_fmR...e_gdata_player
Old 09-05-2011, 02:15 AM
Foxy

ur rite. il nevr pay 2000 on a bloody roller. da savage flux hp was da biggst waste of money n ill nevr spend dat much, on any brand, agen.

but heers da kickr. u say xerxes shood save up n get a mugen or xray.
y wood i spent dat much on thos 2 brands, wen im perfictly content wit my redcats?
sinse im not a 'core racer dude, thers no need 4 a xtremly high quality, xpensive vehicle.
as 46u sed, in most cases, 4 da average joe, not a core competetiv racer dude, a redcat is just fine.

fine enuff 4 xerxes. i has3 redcats now, & im deciding on my 4th. eithr a 1/5 dune runner or 1/5 rampage mt.
& ill b funding my next redcat wit da money made frum pawning da savage flux hp moneypit.

i luv redcat. i also luv wen im whippn around a parkin lot or flyn up da street & sumbody sez '' sc10''?
my replys always da same. '' nah. redcat, (pause), uv nevr herd of em''

i also luv da fact dat sumbody saw a window. an opening. sum1 sed 1/5 scales r cool, but they dont need 2 cost ovr 1000.
& 4 dat, xerxes is quite gratefull.
I see your point. But look at it from my point of view. I've tried the expensive and the cheap. My position is that it's better to go straight to the high quality stuff, pay a bit more and not need a bunch of hopups.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:37 AM
RAMTech-HBF-LSF

ORIGINAL: 46u

If they get the diff case problem fixed and with the parts I all ready have I can have a decent XB up graded to be reliable for under $900. Can I get a higher end buggy for that? I understand what you are saying but unless you are racing much of the time a low end vehicle is just fine.

I'm not sure why you say there is a diff case problem. There have been a few failures, but we are still not sure what is causing it. For sure, there have been only a few people that have problems out of the thousands sold now. I bought 20 diff cases in the begining, and I still have 18 left. If Redcat was selling alot of diff cases, they would certainly know there is a problem.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:01 AM
46u

ORIGINAL: RAMTech-HBF-LSF

ORIGINAL: 46u

I'm not sure why you say there is a diff case problem. There have been a few failures, but we are still not sure what is causing it. For sure, there have been only a few people that have problems out of the thousands sold now. I bought 20 diff cases in the begining, and I still have 18 left. If Redcat was selling alot of diff cases, they would certainly know there is a problem.
Rob I have read where one user had 6 diff cases go bad and too many others with the same problem. I am not saying every one is having a problem but there are too many having the problem not to do some serious investigating. I think the XB, MT have great potential.

Post #23 put large scale forums.com where the ** are.
http://www.****************.com/showthread.php?t=13612

http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=5410

http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=6476

Old 09-05-2011, 06:37 AM
racetruck

I have been in rc's for a long time and bashed alot of diffrent ones the high dollar cars are not always the best they all have there down falls. I have alot of fun with my redcat on the track and in the backyard. look for us at large scale next year

Old 09-05-2011, 06:51 AM
46u

I sure would like to make it to Large Scale RC one year as they look to have a fantastic track. Just wish they where not so far away. I did race with Troy and John from LS RC in 2009 at Diggers Dungeon nice guys.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:12 AM
RAMTech-HBF-LSF

Yep, one user with 6 different cases going bad is defnitely a problem. That makes me wonder if he has some kind of other mechanical problem. Bad gear mesh or bearings, something else. Its like on my baja when I strip a few spur ears in one day, always leads to another problem.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:21 AM
46u

Rob if he was the only one to have this problem then I would not be concerned but he is not the only one. I see where 7075 RC is thinking about making some alloy cases but I would like to see Red Cat come up with a better plastic case do to weight. One of the many things I like about the XB is it is around 19 pounds but if you start adding to much alloy then the weight will go up. Another thing I do not understand it seems to only be the rear diff housing and have not heard of any one having problems with the front one. Wonder why this is.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.