Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

FG JET TRUCK - Valentino Rossi

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 02:45 PM
Jezza15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FG JET TRUCK - Valentino Rossi

Hello there,
I thought you may be interested in my last Jet Truck build. I have built a couple of these but this will be my last and have now advertised it on eBay. I was hoping to keep this one but I need to finance other different projects
Please don’t criticize me for not showing any footage of this in action as I am more interested in building models than actually running them and due to the expense will leave the enjoyment and risk to someone else and a little braver than me
Old 09-25-2011, 05:03 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: FG JET TRUCK - Valentino Rossi

Looks very nice but I would not buy anything like this till I see in move and run. You have a videos of of one of these running? Not sure if it was you or who but saw one on You Tube but it did now seem to go very fast. How much run time do you get?
Old 09-27-2011, 10:38 AM
Jezza15

Hi 46u,
As I mentioned in my initial thread, I will leave the risk to someone else – my enjoyment is purley in building models. As I am sure you will be aware any model fitted with a 34lb thrust jet turbine is going to be very very fast but many jet model builders (particually land based models) are just not prepared to take the risk. Even full size jet vehicle are extremly dangerous – Just ask Richard Hammond!
J
Old 09-28-2011, 12:06 AM
krakkah

I was waiting for Valentino to stand on top with no hands!?!
Old 09-28-2011, 12:09 PM
Giorgos_cupra

I agree with 46u.Who is going to buy such an expensive rc that isn't even tested?

It's like hpi saying "buy the baja 5b,but we dont know if/how it runs,we never run it"
Old 09-28-2011, 02:11 PM
Jezza15

Perhaps someone who wants to test and run the model for the first time and take the initial enjoyment!!??
This model will bring immense enjoyment to whoever buys it whether they intend to run it or not.Just the attention it brings and the amazement when the turbine starts it’s worth the expense. Perhaps just as an advertising/ marketing prop, a display item for a model shop or a promotion piece for a race team...?
Everyone knows the FG saloons/trucks are good for 60-80mph depending on gear ratios so why anyone thinks this truck wouldn’t perform or run with a 34lb thrust turbine is beyond me.....
This is probably the last time I post anything on this forum as there seems to be so much negativity with people only too quick to criticize.It’s a great shame as to why people can’t just appreciate someone’s model build with all the time, effort and cost involved
Old 09-29-2011, 02:48 AM
mike_humphreys

I understand what you're saying about the effort you've put in. Many years ago there was a fellow truck racer called Michael Lee channing who built probably one of the first FG Jet powered trucks and it was a great bit of kit to look at but it could only be used in a straight line and while it was quick, it seemed to take an eternity to get there.

You should understand that people are sceptical about buying something that hasn't been run - model builders, bashers and racers are a world apart considering they all play with similar toys.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:21 AM
Jezza15

Mike
Please don’t compare my truck with Michael’s – this was not a good build and used a dinosaur of a turbine. Model turbine technology has moved on significantly. Just look at how fast the modern model jet sports paccelerate prior to take off for an idea, and my truck is a similar weight to that of the large scale sport Jet plane... Any of the JetCat range are just phenomenal! As mentioned it will take a brave person to get the most out of the P160 on my truck but a very exciting prospect!

As everyone is obviously aware, Jet vehicles be it models or full size can only be run in a straight line similar to that of their Dragster counterparts.It’s like saying the downside to an RC boat is that it can only be used on water.
Keep the negative comments coming guys!
I didn’t post this on here just as an advertising thread – it was more to share by recent build with fellow “enthusiasts”-I should have known better
Old 09-29-2011, 06:41 AM
mike_humphreys

Oi take it easy tiger, I wasn't slagging you or your truck off in the slightest. I was trying to explain that although it's agreat build people often need to see things running before they get excited (model builders, racers, bashers all from different planets but play with the same toys....) - it's like putting a post of what you're going to build but not giving any info. People like action shots and video wether you're selling something or not.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:14 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Jezza15

Mike
Please don’t compare my truck with Michael’s – this was not a good build and used a dinosaur of a turbine. Model turbine technology has moved on significantly. Just look at how fast the modern model jet sports paccelerate prior to take off for an idea, and my truck is a similar weight to that of the large scale sport Jet plane... Any of the JetCat range are just phenomenal! As mentioned it will take a brave person to get the most out of the P160 on my truck but a very exciting prospect!

As everyone is obviously aware, Jet vehicles be it models or full size can only be run in a straight line similar to that of their Dragster counterparts. It’s like saying the downside to an RC boat is that it can only be used on water.
Keep the negative comments coming guys!
I didn’t post this on here just as an advertising thread – it was more to share by recent build with fellow “enthusiasts” - I should have known better

I wouldn't worry about what the little *****es have to say...it seems these days unless people have something negative to say they wont say anything at all...... I see this crappy attitude daily from people.......... IMO your work is stellar....I would without question purchase that truck you built if it was within my price range.....You get major props from me bro ! just curious, but how much would a rig like that sell for ?
Old 09-29-2011, 11:29 AM
Giorgos_cupra

Perhaps someone who wants to test and run the model for the first time and take the initial enjoyment!!??
This model will bring immense enjoyment to whoever buys it whether they intend to run it or not. Just the attention it brings and the amazement when the turbine starts it’s worth the expense. Perhaps just as an advertising/ marketing prop, a display item for a model shop or a promotion piece for a race team...?
Everyone knows the FG saloons/trucks are good for 60-80mph depending on gear ratios so why anyone thinks this truck wouldn’t perform or run with a 34lb thrust turbine is beyond me.....
This is probably the last time I post anything on this forum as there seems to be so much negativity with people only too quick to criticize. It’s a great shame as to why people can’t just appreciate someone’s model build with all the time, effort and cost involved
Jezza,calm down...Nobody is criticizing you or the truck.We are just saying the obvious...That if someone is going to give such an amount of money on an rc car,the least that he want is a tested,proven and 100% working car.

You say the word test not just run,right?Testing SHOULD be done by the manufacturer period!Say i buy it for example.And i test it and something is not ok...What?I'm going to blow MORE money on this thing?Put a headache on my head EVEN THOUGH i paid all that money???

C'mon Jezza,that's common sense!Dont take it the wrong way

marketing prop, a display item for a model shop or a promotion piece for a race team
For both of these,a running model is mandatory!Everybody will ask how it runs?What would the answer be?
They dont intend to run it?Get a static model and be done with it way cheaper!

We do appreciate your build,but it's just that,a build...Unless we see it run it's as good as an expensive static kit and nothing more.That's my 2 cents

@supertib

ORIGINAL: supertib
I wouldn't worry about what the little *****es have to say...it seems these days unless people have something negative to say they wont say anything at all...... I see this crappy attitude daily from people.......... IMO your work is stellar....I would without question purchase that truck you built if it was within my price range.....You get major props from me bro ! just curious, but how much would a rig like that sell for ?
I wouldn't worry about what the little ****es have to say

I d like a mods comment on this...Foxy where are you?
Old 09-29-2011, 01:41 PM
Jezza15

Not criticizing... do me a favour
Of course it runs – why the hell wouldn’t it???? What do you think would happen when thrust is applied? Would the model disintegrate?, Perhaps morph into a unidentified flying object?I am astounded by all the hang ups on seeing a video of my jet truck running.. Incredible!

Anyway it is tested..Have you not watched the video all the way through? – it’s starts, accelerates so of course it will run...Common sense really..Don’t take it the wrong way but I thought all of you guys on here were experienced modellers – clearly not..
Did the RC model industry exist before YouTube in seeing new models run??? Answer... Yes!
This is the worst forum/model website I have ever visited – never again
Cheers Supertib – I appreciate your comments! I am not sure what the model will sell for but I am hoping for a good price taking into consideration the build costs and time. If it sells for under 4k someone has a real bargain as its worth more in parts stripped down. In fact if it sells for 4k someone has a free Competition line full Alloy FG truck! I really don’t want to sell it but times are hard for me at the moment
PLEASE don’t reply further – let this thread disappear down the order – it’s a waste of everyone’s time and such a good hobby shouldn’t descend into an immature argument
Old 09-29-2011, 02:49 PM
Giorgos_cupra

Did the RC model industry exist before YouTube in seeing new models run??? Answer... Yes!

Did the rc companies test run and r&d their models for months maybe years? Answer.....Yes!
Did any rc company ever said "we built it,but it is as far as it goes? Answer....No!

Feel free not to come back...We will surely miss you!!!
Old 09-29-2011, 02:54 PM
Jezza15

What a lovely friendly forum
Giorgos_cupra – you’re so clueless it’s frightening!
Old 09-29-2011, 03:04 PM
Giorgos_cupra

You keep trashing this forum over and over again!!!!!

I didn’t post this on here just as an advertising thread – it was more to share by recent build with fellow “enthusiasts” - I should have known better

This is probably the last time I post anything on this forum as there seems to be so much negativity with people only too quick to criticize

And now you expect love??????C'mon man!Get serious!

Oh,and yes,it's frightening indeed[X(]
Old 09-29-2011, 03:28 PM
Jezza15

Please accept my sincere apologises.It’s all my fault, I thought this was a forum for like minded enthusiasts, ones who take a great interest in other peoples models and build projects.
I must have visited the wrong website/forum to which I can only once again apologise.
Giorgos – two quick questions before I leave this shambles for good.Have you ever built a model from scratch or are you the type that just buys straight from the shelve then openly criticizes others who like to put the time in and build something special? And, have you got a clue... about anything?
And Giorgos, you seem confused, I am not an RC company, just a guy who likes building models.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:48 PM
Giorgos_cupra

First,search my name...I have built a mercedes 1/5 car with a zenoah g270 rc from scratch...I didn't buy a model like you and modified it!Oh,and when i finished it,it actually run!!!Yes!!With a video of it RUNNING

Second,I know you are not a company....It is just the cost of your rc that is so high for someone to buy,that's why i refered to companies.

Anyway,as i said before,i just didn't like the fact that the model didn't run.Nothing more nothing else.I don't have anything against you nor the model.

I stopped building because i'm flying helis now and i need the money
Old 09-29-2011, 04:25 PM
Jezza15

I’ve just checked your model build lol!
Wow!
Enough said...

ps: Can you get your moderator friends to delete this thread?
Old 09-29-2011, 04:35 PM
Giorgos_cupra

Yeah,it would have been easier to just buy an fg like YOU DID and stick a turbine on it!Nice
Old 09-30-2011, 06:55 AM
JCAustralia

Looks like you two guys are becoming friends

Common its a great hobby and we should all be enjoying it[&:]

Things are pretty tough in the world now and its one of the few things left that should put a smile on us......

Georges what's the situation in Greece at the moment? Is it as bad as what the news are saying?

Cheers

JC
Old 11-05-2011, 01:42 PM
kenazzo2000

you want to see a jet car run ? look at my car video s on yuotube you have to be carefull with these cars because youve got 4 seconds delay on the engine so if she goes she s gone and she fly s
http://youtu.be/T20GOOMrGdU
http://youtu.be/kLq-Di4xrPk
Old 11-06-2011, 11:28 AM
racer365r
Banned

jezza 15

i don't want to be mean but you must be around the age that is on your name here,your comments are very immature,i'm sure at this stage nobody cares
about your build, GET A LIFE, PEOPLE are just saying they would like to see the machine,a few pics or maybe another proper video of it running.

it is obviously a nice machine but with an attitude like the one you have do use a favour and s#it off

i personally inderstand your comments about 'not been criticised about a video' but cmon can you at least run it on part trust??
you don't have to run it flat out to show people that it actually can run.

it is a nice build but i think you are crazy to spend so much on an FG truck,those platforms arnt the strongest the best of times running a zenoah 26cc sometimes
can be enough for them

Old 11-07-2011, 01:16 AM
Mudgy

Jezza I like what you did mate.
Not even sure what your price is...didn't look it up, as it isn't really my cup of tea. Having said that I still do appreciate the planning, patience and skills and time taken to source the right materials, and create something out of the square.

Can I just copy and paste something that's located DIRECTLY above the "reply" window I type in right now....

"Quote"
Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post. We encourage the free flow of your ideas, but believe that they can be communicated (and received) much more effectively if you keep things civil. If you have to vent, take it offline. We carefully monitor posts and will ban individuals who engage in offensive conduct within the forums. Thanks.!! (RCU Policies)

"unquote"

BTW I am in no way a mod here, just seen my fair share of hot air over the years. (and tired of it)

Keep it platonic fellas, whilst it may be a little expensive, you don't HAVE to buy it. Just have a look, and I'm sure at one stage you've all thought "man that's pretty cool" at least once.

Jezza you'll find a buyer, it just takes time for the right one to find this truck. Good luck mate!!
Old 12-22-2011, 06:13 AM
GT100
My Feedback: (1)

I have been away from the forum for some time and the hobby as well and been doing some catching up and came across this thread. First and foremost, Im fascinated by anything that has a turbine since Im one of the biggest fans of "Shockwave" the truck with the turbines (youtube it if you dont know what Im talking about), so Im loving this video whether the truck moves or not. Now, Jezza, this forum hasnt changed much since I started posting some years ago and I doubt it'll ever change but one thing I know about this forum is that sometimes you have to make people eat their words. When I started posting, I talked about my 100MPH nitro cars and such and everyone said I was either using KPH or the radar was wrong or any other excuse. One way to shut them up was to show them. Then I started talking about my 90+MPH large scale and the negativity came out again, so once again, I had to show them. Ended up making some 98mph passes at the ISC event 2 years ago and have made some 100+ passes while testing after. I guess what Im trying to say is negativity, criticism and trash talking will alway exist on this site and many others. Not everyone will like, agree with or spend the money to build what you build, so be happy with what you have, and show us that thing haulin a&&.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:29 AM
kenazzo2000

ive got 2 jet cars and i will be starting a new one soon these cars or trucks are hard to drive because of the delay of 4 seconds in the engine i think he sold the truck thats why maybe he did not make a video well mate i love your build i like all of the builds around because neither one are the same and you see diffrent ideas of each individual .ive been critisized and so on but i dont care i still will share and build more projects and as mudgy told me
AS LONG AS IT MOVE S IM HAPPY i always keep that sentence in my mind

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.