Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

HELP. Baja 5B chassis Screws?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 12:44 AM
Doc_Mackey84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP. Baja 5B chassis Screws?

Idestroyed one of my chassis screws, and im not sure where to find the best quality an size?can someone direct me to the best quality chassis screws?thank you.
Im talking about the 4 screws in the center that connect the front chassis to the rear.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:04 AM
splcrazy

Default RE: HELP. Baja 5B chassis Screws?

so what are you saying ? did you destroy the hex and cant get the screw out or in ? ddm have replacement i havnt got the manual on me right now , shoot ddm a email they will tell you the order code for replacments or someone else might be able to help by the time i finish this post lol , if you cant get them out only solution that works for me is a dremel and cut off wheel to cut out a slit large enough in the screw , so you can get a decent grip in there with a flat head screw driver and apply heavy pressure turn and it should come out , this method has saved my arse on my baja5b many times
Old 10-19-2011, 02:12 AM
Doc_Mackey84

Thanks for the advice, but i was able to get it out. but now i am missing one screw. Im saying i want to replace all four with the best quality metal, an im unsure what the part # is.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:16 AM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

I buy all my fasteners in bulk from online bolt and fastener suppliers as they are a better graded and much cheaper then the HPI or Hobby shops. I all so get my o-rings and bearings online. Sorry do not know where would be a good place in Japan since I live in the USA but you might try a search. All so in the USA we have many hardware stores that stock hardware. Here is some of the hardware I keep around as I hate to be working on a project and not have what I need.