Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Shredder XT 1/6 Scale Brushless Electric Truck?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Shredder XT 1/6 Scale Brushless Electric Truck?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 08:19 PM
ColdCanadian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shredder XT 1/6 Scale Brushless Electric Truck?

Anyone own one?
I've tried researching old posts on here but came up with nothing. The vidoes look allright but have only found 2 or 3 of them. The truck looks to be built alittle on the fragile side, but I am not used to seeing electric large scale. I have an FGand an MCD (gas) and thought this might be a more in-expensive way to go.

I would also be looking to try and make this an MT but cant seem to find different gear ratios or tires or pretty much any upgrade parts lol..other than the redcat site.

Just opening up a discussion to see peoples opinions on this model, not gas VS electric..lol

Old 02-20-2012, 11:46 AM
jimjeep

Default RE: Shredder XT 1/6 Scale Brushless Electric Truck?

I'm not sure, but it looks to be as cheaply made as the price tag would indicate. No reputable maker of the motor or speed controller? 3mm thick chassis? I don't know how effective that will be as it is the same or less than most quality 10th and 8th scale MT's and buggys. Its up to you if you want to take the gamble on one to try it out or not. If you do, be sure to post your experiences with this model for us here at RCU! Good Luck!
Old 02-22-2012, 06:37 AM
jkennedy

go to big squid rc.com the have a review on the shreader looks like it can take a beating.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:39 AM
stonyrc

Did you end up buying this truck? I'm really curious what you thought of it if you did. Thanks