Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

reciever batteries

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 04:35 PM
ratpower396

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reciever batteries

when you arent going to use your car for an extended length of time do you do anything to keep your batteries in shape?? Do you cycle them every so often or just recharge it before you run the car?

Thanks
Old 08-03-2012, 11:46 PM
mike_humphreys

Default RE: reciever batteries

I have a 4600nimh pack on my FG Leopard 2 competition. I'm not a basher so my car get used on race weekends, saturday practice it may get charged twice during the day or between cups of tea - there is a lot of on/off the track with set up and tyre changing on a praxctice day. Sunday is the race day and it will be carged before each race, I don't have a fancy charger, just an LRP pulsar 2 and that detects what size of pack it is and charges at what it thinks best.

Other than that, if the car has been in the garage for anything more than a month or two, it may get a discharge and charge if I remember.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:19 PM
racetruck

I run a 4200mah nimh and if it has'nt been used for awhile i plug it in to my light bulb discharger to run it down all the way and charge it with my onyx and i watch the mah to make sure it gets full charge. nimh are to be stored with a full charge. some chargers have timers on them that shut the chargers off before the battery is at full charge
Old 08-18-2012, 03:43 PM
splcrazy

mine seems dead wont hold a charge , its 5000mah , are those VENOM batteries for the baja5b any good ive seen them on ebay for $30