Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

fg f1 onboard starter

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 12:58 AM
marked1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fg f1 onboard starter

I have purchased an fg f1 competiton kit and was interested to fit an onboard starter and was wondering
what would be available I have come across the arrowshark 3 pro which seems like it would be just fine
can anyone help me with some advice.

Thanks Mark.

Old 02-04-2013, 06:59 AM
Futterama

Default RE: fg f1 onboard starter

Hi Mark,

The system you linked to, is intended for boats. I don't know how the pullstart area of you car looks like, but unless it has a lot of space, the system will not fit since i protudes a good deal from the engine.

I have been working on a system for RC cars for a long time, most of the time the project is idle, but sometimes I return to it. You can see the first prototype here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn7ySNf-ZDE

As you can see from the video date, this was more than 2 years ago. I still have a lot of things to consider, mainly regarding the electric motor type, battery voltage and gear ratio. So there is no readymade system around the corner just yet.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:30 AM
rckiwi

Default RE: fg f1 onboard starter

I know of a new on board electric starter coming out soon from a car engine manufacturer