Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Throttle servo HELP!

Old 06-06-2013, 12:44 PM
StarscreamF22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle servo HELP!

I was just configuring the break linkage on my truck and turned the throttle on and it started having a fit. It then turned completely to one side and wouldn't respond with the controller. I'm not sure why it's doing this, it hasn't showed any signs of damage or anything prior to this. The settings on the controller for the throttle haven't been touched which means they are fine, any thoughts? This is so annoying as I was heading down to the beach tomorrow with the truck and got everything else ready, just my luck.

It's a PowerHD 1501MG servo.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:03 AM
GT100
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Throttle servo HELP!

Does the steering still work when this happens? Does your truck have a failsafe installed? What you described will happen and the throttle will not respond but will go straight to break. If so, charge the battery fully and check again. If not then try changing the positions of the servo. Plug in the steering where the throttle would go and see if the steering servo does the same thing. If it does, then its a receiver issue and not servo. If not, then you have a bad servo. If you have a bad servo, dont feel bad. They just seem to go out on their own at times. I cant even say how many I've had go out like that.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:29 AM
mooman007uk

i see they are 18 dollars new so would suspect they are cheap poo, so if it's not your batt then time for a new servo

Old 06-07-2013, 09:16 AM
StarscreamF22

It was definately the servo as I tried my steering servos in the throttle servo slot and they worked fine. I have purchased the Savox 1256tg now, hopefully will test it out tomorrow, thanks.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:50 PM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks very much like a servo i had some years ago, but just rebranded. The biggest crap i've seen. Very studdering on return to neutral. If i hadn't tested it prior to driving, it would have surely destroyed my car and whatever what was in its way!
Old 06-07-2013, 04:40 PM
GT100

Never heard of a powerHD but I do have a savox and have no complaints yet. Use it on the brake side of my speed monster.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:05 PM
bbuzzard
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PowerHD 1501MG servo = some poo [:'(]

Old 06-08-2013, 01:39 AM
StarscreamF22

I bought a Savox 1256TG and it makes whining noises which worries me as my older servo didn't make any at all.

Here's a video of what's happening, I adjusted the end points a lot but it made no difference. I know for sure when I put the break on it isn't as tight as it looks in the video because if it was then the servo would make the whole mount move. I also tried reversing the servo from the controller but that didn't help either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmeVj...layer_embedded
Old 06-08-2013, 02:26 AM
GT100

Digital servos make a whining noise like that. Some of mines make that noise at neutral. Its normal.

BTW, the idea of posting a video with your problem is the best I've seen in this forum yet. I didnt even have to look up the servo to see if it was digital or not because it says it on the side. Thumbs up on that.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:33 AM
StarscreamF22

ORIGINAL: GT100

Digital servos make a whining noise like that. Some of mines make that noise at neutral. Its normal.

BTW, the idea of posting a video with your problem is the best I've seen in this forum yet. I didnt even have to look up the servo to see if it was digital or not because it says it on the side. Thumbs up on that.
Thanks, well I hope you're right and I don't end up with a dead servo. I will find out today and report back after some bashing at the beach.