Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Redcat rampage xsc throttle won't work only steering plz help!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Redcat rampage xsc throttle won't work only steering plz help!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 11:58 AM
arcknight23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redcat rampage xsc throttle won't work only steering plz help!!

Okay so I have a rampage xb with an xsc conversion done and last time I used it it made a noise like it was having trouble staying running but only after I pulled the throttle a little bit. I turned it off and thought maybe my batteries were dead so I charged them and replace transmitter batteries but now my car won't move he throttle servo at all but its not the drive shafts because I pushed the throttle servo and the car moved but it won't do anything but steer with my transmitter any help?
Old 12-08-2013, 05:11 PM
RAMTech-HBF-LSF

Sounds like you need a new throttle servo. The best way to test is to switch the throttle and steering plugs going into the Receiver. If the throttle servo doesn;t work when you trun the steering know, then that servo is dead. The throttle servos are notorious for going bad.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:53 AM
arcknight23

Thanks for your help I really appreciate it. And do you recommend any some what inexpensive servos that would work or last long or better?
Old 12-10-2013, 01:54 AM
Mudgy

No need for a gold plated servo, but don't replace with a cheap one. Once bitten twice shy. Look for a decent reputable brand, I'm sure someone here will recommend something, as it has been done before. Remember the throttle part your servo looks after is easy, it's the braking job that needs to work right. Good idea to spend a dollar now, rather than 80 cents twice. Also peace of mind avoiding way more costly legal action if you have a runaway event.
Got a kill switch?
Old 12-10-2013, 07:19 AM
mooman007uk

hobbico cs170...i've used these for a while on th/br duty with no problems...it's a rebadged hitec 7955 but cheaper...fast and loads of torque http://www.davesmotors.com/ht215a.html
Old 12-10-2013, 10:04 AM
arcknight23

That is very helpful thanks everyone! And no I don't have a kill switch yet I should be ordering one within a week or two but I'm not sure how to set it up and not to sure which one is the best choice for my needs. And rebadged? Does that mean it just has a different name but the same guts?
Old 12-11-2013, 08:56 AM
mooman007uk

yep,exact same servo, just a different name on the sticker