Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Large scale kill switch

Old 09-02-2014, 11:59 PM
troppo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Large scale kill switch

G`day Guys
I`m looking at building another large scale model, but this time i`m actually planning ahead instead of building the body and trying to make a chassis for it. I`ve got three possibilities in mind but before i think about body type i`m looking at the kill switch and other factors first.
Its going to be a two stroke petrol engine, so for my kill switch i want something that will kill the engine and hit the brake (if i go for a high speed model).
So what would you blokes recommend? I have 2.4 gig transmitter but cant think of the brand right now (its packed away in boxes right now).
Cheers all
Troppo
Old 09-03-2014, 12:40 AM
Mudgy

Killer Bee.

How've you been mate?
Old 09-03-2014, 12:49 AM
troppo

Been through hard times for a while mate but leveling out now. I was looking at the killer bee units but im a bit of an idiot when it comes to electronics so didnt know if it would hit the brakes as well. One thing i do like about the killer bee units is their price (still a bit excy for a poor pensioner but i can save a few bucks for it).
Still dont know what i`m going to build yet, the "C" cab model t, an "on the buses" bristol double decker bus or a semi trailer. The C cab would be fun and fast but the bus or truck would be enjoyable for the build, hell i might build the C cab and a truck to tow it with lol
Old 11-19-2014, 01:09 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Been using the Killer Bee for YEARS. If my TX, RX or if I loose single it will kill the motor and put on the brakes. I have it where if I push a switch on my TX it all so kills the motor. I know what I have in my 1/5 5B WAY TOO MUCH and the Killer Bee is cheap insurance and a whole lot cheaper then replacing it!