Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Weird question....

Old 09-16-2014, 06:14 PM
sheograth

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Weird question....

Hopefully some of you remember me, I used to be a regular here and am a car moderator for RCU. Some background, I have a few Baja 5s, FGs, MCDs, etc and want to get a new 1/5 (or bigger) car truck or buggy, curious as to the newer developments either as all new vehicles or heavy modifications for current ones out there. It feels so weird being out of the loop...
Old 09-17-2014, 03:33 PM
Lars from Norway

Nice to see you again! I saw your name when searching for a thread yesterday and i thought "where's Sheo now?" In fact i saw many other names that hasn't been active here for a loong time. The good old days are gone...
Old 09-17-2014, 09:45 PM
sheograth

Yeah, I know. We'll bring them back though. I won't have as much time as I did before, but at least daily I can be on here a bit. Check out my other thread about the new MCD On-Road, that thing looks cool. I remember setting up an old MCD Race Runner 4 Competition in an on-road way and that thing was killer. MCD mastered the weight distribution issue at the 1/5 scale level, so I'm looking forward to seeing what this thing can do.

Good to see you're still here. Right now I have 3 RC related projects I want to get started. One is a simple fast on road 1/5 scale gasser, The second is a pure thrust powered jet drag buggy, I'm thinking a wide, long Baja 5B with twin Jetcat's on it. The third is a 100+ inch twin turbine twin z-drive boat, or if it not twin turbine then at least an 80cc total through 2 nice z drives. The MHZ Hunter would be my hull of choice, but getting MHZ stuff from MHZ itself (MHZusa is sorta a scam) is hard.

Not to mention that my real passion has moved towards nucleonics, and I'm in the process of designing a Farnsworth-Hirsch Fusor with free electron laser enhancement with some friends. That's a long term, possibly $1million+ project though.

Ugh. too much science, too little time, too little money.
Old 09-26-2014, 01:38 PM
mooman007uk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my first visit in a long time too.
how about the losi mini rally car, efi, elec start, looks cool and being on the five chassis will be durable as hell and handle awesome.
Old 09-26-2014, 08:38 PM
DTW

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sheo ....Grab yourself some tube, buy a couple of these Skellenger copies http://store.rc4wd.com/Burnout-14-Sc...le_p_3999.html when they get more stock in, and make a truck.
A few plastic BRP rims, some lawn tractor tires, motor and a few other bits and you're up and running with a unique machine.
Fortunately someone got sick of waiting for Mike Casey to reproduce Skellengers and went and did it without the old molds. Maybe they'll even produce the sprint style rears soon.
Dan
Old 09-28-2014, 02:31 PM
Dirty_Vinylpusher

Hey guys.
I poke my head in every now and again but haven't done anything RC related for a long time so nothing to report from here.
Been too busy with other projects and stuff and things.

Have finally got myself a good MIG welder though, so maybe some time in the future when I get it set up for aluminium welding I might consider building another car.
but for now I have way too many other steel welding projects on the go.

For the record I removed most of my Photobucket images of previous projects as I blew the bandwith limit a couple of times so I deleted a lot of the older ones to make room for more current things.

Last edited by Dirty_Vinylpusher; 09-28-2014 at 02:36 PM.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:11 AM
mooman007uk

nice find DTW...i couldn't wait for these to hit the market so built my own for my mk2 foff jeep twin project...wasn't going to do another build in the foreseeable future but now i might be tempted to do a true short course truck with ifs and live rear axle...maybe
Old 10-01-2014, 01:48 AM
DTW

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Moo. If you put your name down for a couple of those rears they'll email when they're back in stock. I think they're up to about the fourth run of them so far.
As far as size goes, they're a direct replacement for a Skellenger. At $299 each, how could you go wrong. Throw in a tube frame like you did last time, and it'd be a pretty easy machine to get up and running.
You know you want to do a short course truck, and you know we want to see it done. Get into it.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:57 AM
bbuzzard
My Feedback: (5)

Originally Posted by DTW View Post
Sheo ....Grab yourself some tube, buy a couple of these Skellenger copies http://store.rc4wd.com/Burnout-14-Sc...le_p_3999.html when they get more stock in, and make a truck.
A few plastic BRP rims, some lawn tractor tires, motor and a few other bits and you're up and running with a unique machine.
That sounds like a plan!

Oh yeah, I was here... ;-)