Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Maverick blackout radio upgrade with Absima Cr4t question

Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Maverick blackout radio upgrade with Absima Cr4t question

Old 01-03-2015, 12:00 AM
2-stroke-dafuq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Maverick blackout radio upgrade with Absima Cr4t question

*Spoiler alert, this might be a stupid question*
Hello,
I'm about to buy a Maverick blackout ST and want to change the radio system because we all know that the stock one sucks. But i got a question : could anyone give me the length, width and height of the stock receiver box of the Blackout? I want to buy an Absima CR4T with the included receiver and wanted to know if it could fit. I will also install a super bee kill switch so i hope there's enough room as i don't like the idea of my electronics being outside of their *protective layer*.
Thanks
Old 01-04-2015, 04:53 PM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When looking at the size of the radio box on this car it looks like it can swallow anything! Thew receiver can't be that big, i am sure it is in the range of the stock one.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:23 PM
2-stroke-dafuq

Haha yeah, the stock one is like 1kg. I looked at photos on the internet by comparing the pin size and then scale everything to an equal level and the Absima is so slim, I could put it like 3 times in the box.
Old 01-08-2015, 08:29 AM
[email protected]

I have the Maverick Blackout MT and have just been reading about the non-compliant Tx with a kill switch so am thinking getting a digi Tx hopefully with a receiver (do they all come with partnered receivers?) and as I am understanding it, I need a 3 channel so the 3rd can connect to the kill switch. Is that correct?
Old 01-08-2015, 09:04 AM
2-stroke-dafuq

Not a lot of them come with an included receiver(or if it is the case, check that the receiver isn't ****). And you'd need a 3 channel TX and RX so you can hook up the kill switch. If you are getting a 2 channel, buy a "Y" 2ch splitter cable on killer rc so the kill switch can be powered by the electricity going to the servos.
And what has been your experience with the Blackout so far?
Old 02-02-2015, 06:29 AM
[email protected]

Yeah brilliant, only had it out on 4 occasions, but I've used ramps after run in and she tunes easily too. One issue only thus far and that was a pull start casing screw came out, but was laid in the bottom of the chassis so thread locked them all and don't have anything else problem wise to report. Glad I bought it. I bought a 4600mah hump pack and she seems to hold its wheels better on lock now where as before the turning circle was a little like a barge haha Now she turns quicker and holds it. Changed the driving considerably and for the better I might add.
Old 02-02-2015, 06:43 AM
2-stroke-dafuq

Thx for the answer