Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Redcat Racing Rampage XB Questions

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Redcat Racing Rampage XB Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 02:44 PM
Cagedvr6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redcat Racing Rampage XB Questions

Hello everyone,

So i have been out of the RC world for many years now and recently got bit by the bug again (watching all my friends have fun).

I always wanted a 1/5 scale however do not want to spend $1000+ right out of the box.

I picked up a Redcat Racing Rampage XB. Now my question is, when i receive it what should i do before running it? Loctite all of the screws?

Is there a good performance pipe for this buggy?

Thank you!
Old 07-22-2015, 02:47 PM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good idea with the loctite, and you should also get a remote controllable killswitch for it. Cheapest insurance against a running free beast of a car.
Old 07-22-2015, 05:23 PM
Cagedvr6

Can you recommend me one?
Old 07-23-2015, 07:01 AM
buckydr1

killer rc . super bee gas kill switch. get one at killerrc.com
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3 (1).JPG
Views:	466
Size:	1.98 MB
ID:	2110802   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3 (2).JPG
Views:	449
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	2110803  
Old 07-30-2015, 02:52 PM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As above posted!! Best there is. www.killerrc.com
Old 05-21-2016, 08:55 PM
oneway2h7

Just bought a Redcat Rampage mt V3. I tried starting it (first start) Cannot get it to kick over on chock and I cannot get it to try to start at all. Engine is getting fuel, Spark plug is getting spark. Throttle and everything seems to work. It just will not start. Tried resetting the carb. The truck came with the high speed needle at a half turn and the low speed at 2 1/2 turns. Can anyone tell me what the settings are suppose to actually be? I watched a video that said it should be, High speed at 1 1/2 and low speed at 1 1/4 turns is this correct. Tried those new settings and still can't get it to kick over? the motor is the 32CC it came with.
Old 06-20-2020, 03:50 PM
denniswoo

Those settings are right for engines with the stock Walbro carb. (low 11/4 high 11/2. I do not use the choke on any of my 2 cycle engines they will flood easily if not done right. pull the starter rope out a few times slowly, get the piston on the down stroke then snap the rope a time or two you should either start or hear the engine pop. If you know you are getting fire and gas it is probably flooding. One thing you can do if you suspect flooding is lift the car tip it on the rear bumper and see if any gas is coming out of the exhaust if so pull the plug and let it sit for about 10 minutes and start the process again. When starting without using the choke you can crack the throttle a little bit when pulling the start rope. You can use the choke to start these engines put the choke on full pull the rope until you get a burp take the choke off pull briskly a few times and can crack the throttle slightly. These engines should start within normally 5 pulls if not you have other problems. I would say sounds like wrong carb setting and probably flooding.