Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

1/4 Scale home build Trophy Truck.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

1/4 Scale home build Trophy Truck.

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2015, 03:38 PM
Monkeysupparacing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/4 Scale home build Trophy Truck.

Greetings Universe, I'm new to the RCU and wanted some feedback on the project I'm working on. After going through the nitro 1/8 scale stage for a couple of years. I resisted the urge to go 1/5 gas and started to plan this build, I don't have any design software or CNC equipment, just basic's, borrowed a welder and had a go! I started with a 7" ladder chassie made from 5/8 mild steel box section with 10mm x 2.5mm steel tube, picked up a simple small radius pipe bender to work out the basics. As long as I've been thinking about it, I've been collecting parts I thought would be useful (some more than others) including; Blata 39cc Reed valve mini moto water cooled engine, mobility scooter rear axle, go-cart hubs and axle carriers, mini quad wheels and tyres, RD350 air box rubber, Triumph spitfire front ball joints, Piaggio radiator, Brembo rear brake caliper, YZ master cylinder. Basically solving problems I've created. The build is moving on well but my filming and up-loading, not so much, I've a series of short videos on YouTube and I'll get round to a fresh one this week, I'll leave a link. Spent hours goin through the forums on the RCU and hope you all like what Im doin. Peace out RCU. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF5...LAa0a065BY9Jjw
Old 08-17-2015, 01:49 AM
Dirty_Vinylpusher

With all due respect, mate, your project seems very interesting, but I had a quick skim through the videos and....

...Well, a bunch of 5-minute videos of someone rattling parts around on a bench really isn't the best way to present a project.
I'd suggest a handful of photos of the build from a couple of different angles.
Lay it out, prop it up, make it look like a car.

Closeups of steering and drive train components etc.

Much more user friendly.

Old 08-19-2015, 10:42 AM
superchip

I clicked on the youtube link but there's no videos to see. Looks like he's removed them?
Old 08-19-2015, 12:16 PM
Dirty_Vinylpusher

Originally Posted by superchip
I clicked on the youtube link but there's no videos to see. Looks like he's removed them?
Yeh, the vids are there, click the "videos" tab, second from left.

Old 08-19-2015, 12:50 PM
superchip

Haha so they are DVP, it definitely looks like it'll be stronger than my build, but will the clutch take the weight? What he's done so far looks good though, I really have to learn to weld lol.
Old 09-03-2015, 04:32 PM
krakkah

Monkey superracing nice job well done mate!!

Last edited by krakkah; 09-03-2015 at 05:04 PM. Reason: MEH