Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Baja 5b brakes are locked..

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 03:26 PM
AMG_OR_DIE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Baja 5b brakes are locked..

Hey everyone. I hope everyone is having a great day. I need help with my hpi baja 5b. The brakes or wheels are locked up. I just want to say that I crashed it to a car. I brake hard and swerve. So I bent my rear shock tower (the one that the shocks are screwed on the top) and the shock tower brace (I think that's what its called). So..I drove it home with the rear crash condition and no problem with the brake or wheel locking up.

Now: I fixed the broken. I start the car and no problem. Starts right up. So I tries to give some throttle and the baja just braking by itself. I tried full throttle and the buggy goes but it look like the brake is on. I tried to move the buggy forward or backwards manually with my hand and the brake is on. I thought the wheel nuts was to tight so I lessen it and still the same problem. I am so lost..can someone help me..?
Old 01-26-2017, 09:32 AM
The Saylors

check the linkage that controls the break, if it uses a return spring then that is prolly the issue (broken or disconnected) or the servo could be telling the break to go full on but it usually happens the other way as in you hit the brakes and they just do nothing. Best way to pinpoint issues is to take whatever part you think is causing the problem off of the truck and test it, if the problem stops then you know you are in the right area, if it persists then it's somewhere else. Once you zero in on the problem area just look for signs like uneven wear, misshapen parts, cracks pretty much anything that looks odd and try to figure out where the problem is starting from, make sure you test with the model powered on and off (don't start the motor as this isn't a motor issue). The biggest lesson in fixing rc cars is to take your time and think before you act! Also if you are confused as to how to properly disassemble something then look up a vid on youtube, odds are there is something for each portion of the truck. Hope this helps! Welcome to the forum btw!

Alex
Old 01-26-2017, 10:39 AM
AMG_OR_DIE

Originally Posted by The Saylors
check the linkage that controls the break, if it uses a return spring then that is prolly the issue (broken or disconnected) or the servo could be telling the break to go full on but it usually happens the other way as in you hit the brakes and they just do nothing. Best way to pinpoint issues is to take whatever part you think is causing the problem off of the truck and test it, if the problem stops then you know you are in the right area, if it persists then it's somewhere else. Once you zero in on the problem area just look for signs like uneven wear, misshapen parts, cracks pretty much anything that looks odd and try to figure out where the problem is starting from, make sure you test with the model powered on and off (don't start the motor as this isn't a motor issue). The biggest lesson in fixing rc cars is to take your time and think before you act! Also if you are confused as to how to properly disassemble something then look up a vid on youtube, odds are there is something for each portion of the truck. Hope this helps! Welcome to the forum btw!

Alex

hey. Thank you for your reply. I found the problem. When you looking at the spur gear or brake pad there is a hex screw (on the right side ontop/behind thr brake pad) the that unscrew a bit and touching the brake pads which causes that. I tighten it and it should work now. About to try it. Also, thank you for the warm welcome
Old 01-26-2017, 11:09 AM
The Saylors

lol yep that will do it! Glad you were able to get it fixed so easy, and cheap! And anytime, there's a really good group of guys on here that are happy to help so don't be afraid to ask questions when you get stumped!