Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Rovan 305A buggy

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2021, 11:25 AM
meowy84

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rovan 305A buggy

Clones often get some hate but don't they also have a place? I'm looking for an inexpensive 1/5 scaler for play during my lunch hours. How many of you have experience with the Rovan 305A long term? Here's the one I mean, consistently listed for $450-$80: https://www.ebay.com/itm/26450087783...oAAOSw8Etgx2Jr , Its next closest competitor is almost $200 more: https://www.ebay.com/itm/29370368737...QAAOSwQstgbLI1 but I can't really see the $200 difference. Can someone else help? Any place else to get one cheaper within the US? Any other recommendations also welcome.

Before you say get a real Baja, I realize the limitations of these (cheaper plastics, chinese engines, etc). But at the same time I have to consider that my running surface will only be a huge dirt/gravel/partially paved parking lot with almost no jumps so chances of breakage from impact is low. On the other hand since it's a big flat parking lot there's lots of room to put the drive train to a test. So I would like the car to have a reasonably sturdy drivetrain/diff/outdrive assembly out of the box. Since I will be leaving this at work I don't want to invest in upgrades. Parts will be replaced as they break. My main consideration is overall DURABILITY stock out of the box rather than the biggest engine or which is faster.

Last edited by meowy84; 12-11-2021 at 11:27 AM.