Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

help

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2003, 05:09 PM
Ropas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: help

Hi Paul,

You don't have to apologise, everone can order his cars and parts where ever he wants.

The 705MG is a good and reliable servo for these funtions, it has a lot of power and can handle both the brakes without a problem.

I'm working on the parts for the Lauterbacher Supercross and hope to get this department on our website ready soon.

Ron
Old 10-24-2003, 06:50 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fuel line on the brake cables--I did that when I put my 1/8 scale buggy kit together. I had no idea why since I just followed the instructions and they directed one to do it.

BTW, thanks for all your advice. I am just trying to learn and learn....

What about the FG F1? I really like the looks of that thing, but if I drove it like my Mini-Z-F1, I might really crash and burn that thing. I noticed the two piece body so I'm assuming lots of people crash it. What about the flat wing part under the nose--is it an easy and cheap fix? It just looks like it has high maintenance written all over it though I was very tempted when I could have purchased one for $950.00 at the Hobby Visions convention (I was thinking sell the 1/4 scale or sell the 1/5 scale?).

And more importantly, would the F1 be more restricted to track driving or could I run it in a paved parking lot--I don't think I would trust myself on the street, at least not at first though I have run my 1/5 scale on the street (and did some minor 1/4 scale adjusting on the street--the driver's side has a different size of tires from the passenger's side).

If I ask too many questions, just let me know and I'll stop. I just haven't found many online guides or much set-up information regarding 1/4 or 1/5 scale cars.
Old 10-25-2003, 03:17 AM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

I believe the front spoilers go for somewhere around $20-25
You could definately run it on a paved parking lot. I've seen a few vids and pics of people running their 1/5 scale cars on parking lots.
Mike
Old 10-25-2003, 11:08 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

Are those F1 videos? If so, got links?
Old 10-25-2003, 11:24 AM
Accord

Hi Ropas, I have a few questions if you don't mind.

1) Does the Krikke 1/5 scale shop sell aluminum alloy front bumper mounts which replace the 4 plastic bumper mounts on an FG Evo? I have unfortunately stripped out my plastic ones and I can easily forsee stripping them out again if I replace them with new plastic mounts, so I would like to replace them with alloy front bumper mounts instead of plastic.

2) Do you sell any car stands that are designed and large enough for 1/5 scale cars? I am basically looking for a car stand like the ones used in 1/10 scale, but for 1/5 scale.

3) Do you sell teflon bushings which replace the 4 rubber bushings on the alloy spur gear adaptor?

Thanks!
Old 10-25-2003, 12:37 PM
Ropas

John,
I tried to email you but the mail keeps coming back. We haven't got any alloy mounts for the bumper, we could consider making them in the future. For now you have to work with the standard ones. We haven't got a car stand that big, I have never seen something that could be used for these scales. We have got very long lasting bushings (but it isn't teflon) for the gear adapter, you can find them under the 1:5 hop-up parts.

Tigger Bennie, I've sold a few of these cars but to be honoust I really don't know that much about the F1 cars, it isn't populair in the Netherlands and our tracks are to small for these cars. In germany there were some F1 drivers in the beginning but now it is getting less and less. The cars are very beautifull and the technique is great but they are very vulnerable too. I think you could drive with them on a paved parking lot, the height of these cars is simulair to the 1/5 touring cars. But there has to be a reason that these cars getting impopulair. If you want to race against other people or want to get in a competition, there is no fun about it because there aren't many F1 competitors here in Europe, maybe that's the reason. There are a lot of 1/5 & 1/6 clubs here but you barely see a F1 drive anywhere. But if you don't mind driving it alone and you have a lot of space, it really is a great car.
Old 10-25-2003, 10:41 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Accord,

I’ve seen and know someone who has a large scale car stand. The next time I see him, I’ll ask him where he purchased it and who from.

Ropas,

After running the 1/5 scale today, I spoke with someone about the FG F1. I attempted to describe the craftsmanship and after I finally brought up the Tamiya F201 and the modified FSF201 by Farmer Plastics & Machining (FPM), the person started to realize where I was going with the conversation. I simply told him to think about the craftsmanship of the smaller FSF201, enlarge the scale, and think FG. For those interested, there is an article about the FSF201 in August 2003 RC Nitro at pages 80-83.

BTW, I couldn't get my wireless in-car camera to work properly in the 1/5 scale today. There appeared to be too much vibration. I later taped the camera to my Mini-Z-Enzo and tried that which worked ok.