Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

How we all arived at 1/5 1/6 scale

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

How we all arived at 1/5 1/6 scale

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2004, 04:25 PM
kiora

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How we all arived at 1/5 1/6 scale

Ive only been into r/c for 12 months this month, anyway ive been sorting out emails and recipts and realised i may have overdone the cars this year
I Used to Race 18 yrs ago with a Tamiya Hotshot but that was then..............

Cars since October 2003

Tamiya Boomerang (still got)
Tamiya TB-01 Ford focus (now sold) Joined 1/10th touring car club
Hpi Pro Sprint x2 ( still got 1)
Hpi Pro 2 x 2 (now sold)
Hpi Pro 4 (sold after a month)
Traxxas T-Maxx (still got) Joined nitro/petrol off road club
Hobao Pirate 10 monster (now sold)
GV REX-X 1/8 buggy (now sold)

finaly arrived at
FG Marder Beetle

Col.
Old 10-29-2004, 04:39 PM
dazzahughesuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How we all arived at 1/5 1/6 scale

Hi ya, Col

Thats a big list.

so hows it going??

ive joined the Woodys MSN thingy and put a post on it...[link=http://groups.msn.com/WoodysModelsportForum/general.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=132&LastModified=4675495214870533096]See it here[/link]

I have had a all 1:10 scale: Tamyia (sp?) 4wd Michelin Poilt Cossie... what a great car, then i got a Schumacher car...a pro indoor rc car that i never run as it cost over £300 quid, so i sold it as lost a little of my money and then brought a Kyosho Nitro Tracker 2wd monster truck (gas/pertol powered) which i have had and still have lots of fun with it, except it is very tempremental Glow engine, the i brought another Kyosho Porche GT2 nitro car that i could not get on with, so i sold it and got me money back, i then brought a Tamiya Impreza WRC battery opperated rc car that is fun, then i brought a tamiya Mini mk1 great fun the little car was. And now my final rc car is a modifyed HPI RS4 Focus battety opperated rally car. i have brought Graphite chassis and top chassis, front and rear suspension mounts thingys, up grated suspension dampers, anti roll cars. But the only thing that i find with battery opperated cars is that u can only pay with em for about hlf an hour before u have to change the battery is ur lucky, so i think FG marder biggie is ideal for me as i love r/c cars and the smell, but glow engines are so tempremental witch is so frusttrating (sp?).

And all i have left is the HPI RACING RS4 Rally Fod Focus and the Kyosho Nitro Tracker...to make way for the Marder Race
Dazza
Old 10-29-2004, 05:48 PM
dubby

Simple for me.

Fed up with my EK4 keep blowing rear diff's so I decided I needed something that would stand the abuse I tend to give them.

Marder seemed the obvious choice as the engineering is far supirior over nitro's and lets face it...... big is best
Old 10-29-2004, 08:45 PM
Plum Crazy
My Feedback: (5)

I started again two years ago and have had since Yokomo rtr,9.5,violator,Ek-4,21 T maxx,Rc-10 gt,Mini t,Mad Force and Ofna LD-3. I still have a Monster Gt,Mammoth,Monster Pirate,Savage,Revo,Stampede,Compagnucci and of course a FG Monster Beetle. I know now that I have been trying to find the right vehicle's or vehicle that would make My day. I cant leave anything stock no matter how hard I try. I guess I've been looking for something like the Beetle all a long of course it's not stock either,I replaced the 260 with a 29 before I even started the stock engine and of course it has a two speed and cable brakes plus there's the pipe. I bought and installed the Fg pipe but I want a motocross sound if I can get it so now I have a Samba pipe on order. I'm thinking about selling more of My nitro cars and buying another Fg what can I say I'm in love. When I found this thread I was looking to start a new thread telling how much I love this car. The sound and smell is what I have been looking for the whole time. I was way in to motocross when I became disabled and I think this is about as close as You can get without being in the car. I ran My beetle for the first time today with the body on and I gassed it as soon as it got on the grass and it wheelied over backward, I haven't touched the needles yet and its puffing a lot of smoke plus the two speed gearing is a lot taller than stock and it wheelies over backwards. Dont get Me wrong My Savage and MGT will both wheelie like this but the sound is way differant. How about running and all there is only a couple of spots of oil on the wing try that with nitro. I dont think I have been this excited a week after getting something since I learned about girls. I guess now it's all about what to get next now. Sorry about the rant but You guys are all I have that would understand.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qn38484.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	188008   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql33087.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	188009  
Old 10-30-2004, 10:06 AM
Jared1106

What do you have for an engine in that thing? I see it is all chromed up...
Old 10-30-2004, 10:11 AM
Plum Crazy
My Feedback: (5)

It's a Sikk Toys 29 cc with their billet head kit. If You want I could get closer pictures of it.
Old 10-30-2004, 10:16 AM
ammdrew

started with a tamaya super champand associated rc500's,
had a couple of Kyosho integras in the late 80's
raced the original rc10, ran a associated GT for years
We had converted duel sports running on carpet, the sedans electric then the nitro
HPI N5s4 then all aluminuum then Serpent Impulse when it came out.
Currently run a 710 for big 1/10th races
Mugen MST for local 1/10 nitro off road a bit britol but when driven right still sets the TQ and dominates the mains.

And now we race FG f1's and Marders, Monster beetle, Monster Trucks
Old 10-30-2004, 11:09 PM
JRexA

I started with a Tamiya Quick Drive buggy some 18 years back, then when that one broke a servo gear and I didn't know where to get parts it sat on a shelf for years, and around 10 years ago I got it back in working order(I thought those spares would have been WAY more expensive), and gave it to my wifes youngest son.

Then about 2 years ago I started with Micro RC cars (*****arG and Micro Perfection), then a friend wanted a CEN Genesis and when helping him find one on the Net, I got hooked. I wanted something BIG, and the idea of running on petrol(US$2.50/5liters) instead of Nitro (US$ 100/5 liters) that really hooked me, and then that it is BIG! Not just a 1/10 or 1/8 plaything, I know have a used FG Leopard, that cost me US$ 625 on eBay including shipping.
At the moment I have ordered upgrades/spares for around US$ 300, and I hope not to break to much more, before I learn to control the beast.