Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Hitec DCX Reciever, Any good?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 03:21 PM
JRexA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec DCX Reciever, Any good?

I currently run my FG Leopard with a Graupner/JR XR4 Race (Narrow Band AM i think)

At some time in the near furture I need to ugrade the radio equipment.

When looking at the recievers, I have seen that Hitec has a Dual Conversion Receiver, the DCX.
Is there any real advantage to the DCX Receiver?
Different shops states that the DCX Receiver has almost twice the range of the standard Single Conversion receivers.(3500feet + for the MM and MK versus 6000+ feet for the DCX)
Any info would be good.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:51 PM
ibstar

Default RE: Hitec DCX Reciever, Any good?

Single Conversion Receivers
Sometimes called narrow band receivers; these receivers have a shorter range of reception over the dual conversion receivers. The average range of a single conversion receiver is usually 1000ft, Single conversion receivers are more likely to have problems with interference, electrical and/or RF noise. They weight only 11grams, and have a maximum of 4 control channels. Never use a dual conversion crystal on a single conversion reciever it just won't work.

Dual Conversion Receivers
These receivers will work beyond the sight of most people the average range is 3000ft. Dual conversion receivers offer more control channels, greater reliability, and work on a broader range of Mhz frequencies than single conversion receivers. Today's technology is shrinking the size of these receivers down to nothing hopefully the price will follow. If you can afford it buy the dual conversion receiver it's worth the extra reliability
or read this it fried my brain
http://www.uoguelph.ca/~antoon/hobby/rip.htm
if you buy a new radio set it should be dual conversion and have everything you need
Old 01-13-2005, 08:04 PM
drago

where can ya get them things from.
Old 01-13-2005, 10:21 PM
JRexA

Thanks Ibstar, definately sounds like it would be a very good investment, especially at such a low price.

Hitec has a FM Dual Conversion Three Channel Receiver, Model Name: DCX, Go to http://www.hitecrcd.com and find it, then click Buy. Price is around US$ 10 more than the Single Conversion ones, and they states it works with most any transmitter.

Or just type DCX in the Tower Search Bar. Here is the result of that Search: [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0095P?FVSEARCH=dcx&FVPCODE=RF&search3=Go]Tower Hobbies, Searching DCX[/link]

They have it for US$ 39,99 Sounds like it is well worth it!
Old 01-14-2005, 10:06 AM
ibstar

if using dual conversion rx make sure you get the right crystal, single conversions don't work in them