Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

1/10 wheel adapters

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 01:46 PM
dunetrash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/10 wheel adapters

Trying to mount stock emaxx wheel with proline paddle tire to my off road beetle. I like the ones funshawstud came up with, but my wheels will hit the suspension with his. Anybody using the one from crazy nut racing? How do you like them? How far do they offset the wheels? I can not go to a larger rim do to the limited availablity of paddle tires. Any ideas appreciated.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:17 PM
funshawstud

Default RE: 1/10 wheel adapters

I have thought of trying to make a different style adapter for these smaller rims as they are the cheepest and easiest to find.
I have no criticism of the CNR adapters they just arent for me personaly but they look very well made.
Unfortunately the adapters I made are for one and only one style of rim and they are the Hot Bodies UFO rims and tires already mounted on a 4 inch rim.
Maybe I will see if I can come up with another style for these smaller rim diameters that is super beefy !
Mike
Old 01-25-2005, 09:33 PM
flipower
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: 1/10 wheel adapters

I would advise against the hcr adaptors. I bolted them on and had nothing but problems. After any kind of jump, the adaptor would break loose and just spin on the axle. Even after lots of loctite and torquing the set screw, nothing helped. I think that the motor just has too much torque for those adaptors. I also broke 3 rims because of the torque.