Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Shock oil monster truck

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 05:35 AM
simor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shock oil monster truck

Has anyone found out the best viscosity to fill in the shocks on the MT yet. in rc-car-online standard. i have read someone vas using 200wt with good luck. is there someone else who is using that oil thickness.
Old 01-29-2005, 07:20 AM
BILKO1

Default RE: Shock oil monster truck

To be honest m8 you need to experiment yourself, no two people want the same handling. If you want to go round corners fast and not roll then thinner should do the job, but if you want to do large jumps thicker will be the order of the day. I've tried thinner oil myself and tried taking shocks off, i've found a compromise that lets me corner fast without rolling over and do smallish jumps.As soon as i hit a big jump it just bottoms out. Also i'm all alloy now and the suspension set up im using is friction free which has helped alot in my opinion.
Old 01-29-2005, 07:21 AM
Lee G

Im useing 45 in the front, 50 in the back and it sticks to the ground like sh1t to a blanket

Lee
Old 01-29-2005, 08:38 AM
original.mb

this is an issue that i have not addressed but i'm curious to know what set-ups u guys use?
Old 01-29-2005, 10:20 AM
simor

Is the 45 and 50 oil the same as 400 to 500 in rc-car-online standard? i am a bit confused about these different standards in oils. Thanks for replys guys.
Old 01-29-2005, 12:33 PM
rubaga

Here is a link to one of earlier threads which make it a bit more clear for you.

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/Shock_oil_%3AS_Confused_%3AS/m_2559841/tm.htm]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/Shock_oil_%3AS_Confused_%3AS/m_2559841/tm.htm[/link]