Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

big, big project

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 01:23 AM
cleffdawg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default big, big project

Ok, so here's the deal. I have 26cc engine with centrifugal clutch all set up and ready to go. I don't have anything to put it on however. I was thinking of using one of those pedal cars with chain drive but can't find any with pneumatic tires or really anything i like. i was looking at small go cart frames but can't find anything there either. I was wondering if there is somewhere i can get a small chassis somewhere to use. I pretty much am looking for anything helpful on this project you can give me so all suggestions are welcome. I also thought of building a small tube chassis but am hung up on the steering and braking. PLEASE HELP!!! Oh, and thanks ahead of time...
Old 01-31-2005, 04:07 PM
mittimj

Default RE: big, big project

I have thot of doing somthing like you have said for a long time and often become stumped when I get to steering. Three ways I have thot of to steer it is 1. a whole bunch of servos 2. a electric motor ran through a series of gears to slow it doun but then it wont return back to center. On a cupple of epesodes of the show mythbusters they make real cars rc. Maby if you could find a tape of the show it would be usefull.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:15 AM
original.mb

cleffdawg i would luv to build my own project around an engine like that but i'm not the best guy to have a welding machine in my hand[X(]

let us know when ya' have pics?

peace
Old 02-01-2005, 01:20 PM
cleffdawg

well, the design stage is still going on and i'm a little stumped on the suspension. I have six savage shocks, just stock, that i can use. I was thinking of using a swingarm setup much like an ATV. I am going to use sealed bearings on the whole thing so that's not really and issue, it will move free. I just wish i could find some smaller ones. I think i have the steering figured out but of course until i start and play with it a bit it will be hit and miss.