Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

canadian customs

Old 01-31-2005, 05:47 PM
aicecoldone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default canadian customs

is there any canadians here ever ordered the mt's from the US did it cost alot the get them shipped here with the stupid customs
Old 01-31-2005, 05:52 PM
MichyMuck

Default RE: canadian customs

You are best off ordering from Hobbythek or Krikke in Europe. They have shipped to me and there seems to be no hangups in customs. If you order from the US be very carefull that it does not get shipped by FedEx or UPS or you will be bent over something fierce for Brokerage Fees which is total BS.

UPS seems to be the worst. I ordered some parts totaling $45 and paid an aditional $30 in Handling and Brokerage fees. Never Again.

You can also order from one of the Canadian Dealers but the end cost will be higher. Probably by 20%.

Steve
Old 01-31-2005, 07:44 PM
fire01

Just to tell you that i m a new Canadian dealer and the prices are as good as anybody selling in the US or the other side,don t no where the 20% higher comes from.But If you dealed with someone that doesn t really care about the product line well for sure you are not going to get a good price.

Buy the wayIt costs about 56.00$ for duty from the US and about 125.00$ for shipping.
Old 01-31-2005, 10:34 PM
Featherpluckin
My Feedback: (6)

You will also have to pay gst of 7% ot 70 bucks iobn every 1000 dollars
Old 01-31-2005, 10:49 PM
Cal-Torque

I find that hard to believe...
What's your price on an MT?
I would have bought locally, but I think that the north American distributor cranks up the cost too much and they can't compete with Euro dealers.

ORIGINAL: fire01

Just to tell you that i m a new Canadian dealer and the prices are as good as anybody selling in the US or the other side,don t no where the 20% higher comes from.But If you dealed with someone that doesn t really care about the product line well for sure you are not going to get a good price.

Buy the wayIt costs about 56.00$ for duty from the US and about 125.00$ for shipping.
Old 01-31-2005, 10:50 PM
Cal-Torque

You have to pay GST no matter what, unless it's a private sale.

ORIGINAL: Featherpluckin

You will also have to pay gst of 7% ot 70 bucks iobn every 1000 dollars
Old 02-01-2005, 08:41 AM
Featherpluckin
My Feedback: (6)

[quote]ORIGINAL: Cal-Torque

You have to pay GST no matter what, unless it's a private sale.

Alot of people do not realize they have to pay GST if they are not familiar with mailorder though. It izs one of those costs that you have to add into the final price.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:34 AM
ammdrew

The Europeon dealers and North American dealers buy at the same price, add in shipping across the ocean.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:51 AM
MichyMuck

[quote]ORIGINAL: Cal-Torque

I find that hard to believe...
What's your price on an MT?
I would have bought locally, but I think that the north American distributor cranks up the cost too much and they can't compete with Euro dealers.

Cal-Torque.

When you get your MT from Krikke we should do the comparision. I know we had talked before and my MT was pretty rich ordering from a Canadian dealer. I have no problem sharing the truth with this forum.
Old 02-01-2005, 11:04 AM
fire01

The MT should run around the 1210$Canadien plus GST 1294.00$shipped to your door.
Old 02-01-2005, 01:34 PM
james2001

Personally didn't have much of a problem with the Customs side of things. Canada sure aint the cheapest place to ship to, and the exchange rate may leave you feeling like you may as well have been in Germany during the 50's, but the speed of international orders is ahead of the US by a long shot. Don't have a clue why.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:15 AM
Cal-Torque

That's really good. Please PM me your web site.
I still paid less from a European dealer, but that's a lot closer than the other prices I've heard.

ORIGINAL: fire01

The MT should run around the 1210$Canadien plus GST 1294.00$shipped to your door.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:19 AM
Cal-Torque

So, it's the retailers that are screwing us...
Well, as long as they don't cry about losing the sale.
That's really unfortunate. Maybe the thought process is that if you can afford a $1000+ toy, then we'll really stick it to you.
Weird...they're generally competitive on the smaller RCs.

ORIGINAL: ammdrew

The Europeon dealers and North American dealers buy at the same price, add in shipping across the ocean.
Old 02-02-2005, 01:16 PM
quarterscalelegends

I think what ammdrew was saying is that US dealers need to pay the shipping to the distributor from Germany and then need to pay for the shipping from that distributor to the retailer. The added cost is in freight. So naturally it would be cheaper to buy direct from over seas and save some on the freight and cut out the middle man. Shipping from germany to the US costs $80-$90 US dollars but takes 5 days to 4weeks. But the money you save on the car, plus you dont have to pay local taxes is worth it.