Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

FG Leopard Need Some Advise

Old 01-31-2005, 07:55 PM
Tough Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FG Leopard Need Some Advise

Recently I just acquired a FG Leopard over a Marder. The decision came after reading all the information from all of you. I think I made the right decision.

Now I would like to get some advise from everyone about the FG Leopard from routine maintenance to replacement parts that break easily. What parts that I should keep in stock. What hopups should I consider and are the hydrolic breaks worth the money or should I just go with the front disc breaks. Should I replace stock air filter with the K&K filter? Finally, where is good place to order replacement parts or hopups? As you can see, I am new to this and any help from anyone will be very much appreciated.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:12 AM
original.mb

Default RE: FG Leopard Need Some Advise

congratulations bro u made a good choice there, i'd say front hydro's would be sufficent enough for hardcore breaking power, go for the kp designs mark 3 brakes, i'd leave the k and n filter.

what engine u got in there?plmk bro

don't fcorget the all important failsafe

peace
chad.

p.s- welcome to da big boys club
Old 02-01-2005, 10:57 AM
Jared1106

Your best bet for parts is to goto this link:
http://www.molzermoweryracing.com/dealer.html
This is the MolzerMowery dealer page, I have found the best deal is with Ralph at FGPRO's, his email is [email protected] tell him I sent you. MolzerMowery list all the parts for FG but the prices ar MSRP, about every deler will do better than MSRP.
But for peace of mind shop around...
If you contact Ralph and ask him about what parts break most often he will definatly help you there, but best bet is as it breaks order it in alloy...
Did your FG come with the K&N filter? If so that is like the best you can get, if it didnt get one!
Old 02-01-2005, 03:58 PM
Tough Guy

Thanks Chaduk! [sm=sunsmiley.gif] I think I will go with the hydro breaks in the front. For sure, the Failsafe is a must. I am planning on using a Futaba T3PK radio. It has a built-in failsafe already. Can't imagine what will happen if something went wrong without failsafe on a vehicle this size. On a side note I have decided to install two 1/4 size servos for steering--Futaba S5301.

Jared, my Leopard did not come with the K&N filter. I have heard mixed review about the filter. I might just try it out for myself. Plan on getting the alloy parts. I will check out FGpros. Thanks bro.

I have been running electric for 20 years and nitros for several years. Loved the nitros when I made the switch from electric. Only on rainy days then I pull out the MINI QUAKE for inside the house. I was told that once I get into the gasoline I will never touch nitros again. The nitros require much maintenance to keep the engine strong. I want to know how much maintenance are there on the gasoline vehicles. Can anyone help or point me to a source? [sm=drowning.gif]
Old 02-01-2005, 04:22 PM
mike_humphreys

Hey there, Here are my ideas (from a competition racers point of veiw) the leopard is a superb car and with the following bits it will be almost bullet proof............. For the back of the car ..... alloy lower wish bones, alloy quick release diff housing and diff risers, alloy rod ends (or atleast the inboard difficult to get to ones) alloy gear carrier/engine mounts and alloy uprights .... for the front of the car .... alloy uprights and an alloy servo saver and thats about it, an adjustable clutch is a good option and the pipe is more than sufficient.

Hope this helps

Mike

p.s sorry I've not included part numbers but i'm not that much of a spotter lol