Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Your views

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 06:42 PM
Lee G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your views

I had a go at parking lot bashing today. I was armed with a shiney new schumacher menace gtr (70mph straight out the box), monster truck and marder race.

The schumacher was first to go, 2nd tank into runing it, a pallet jumped out in front of. £100 of parts needed to replace the wheel that decided to take a break from being on the car.

Next the mt came out. Somehow an aluminium box kept jumping out, no matter where I was runing the damn thing, the box was there. After leaving a couple of dents in it, the tarmac decided to rip the roll bar clean off and leave a few more cracks in the shell.

So the marder race came out. Left a few more dents in the marder stalking box. I decided it was time to call it quits.

No human casualties this weekend which is a result.

Now my brain is ticking. I love my marders and after the damage they did to that damn box. Trust me, the box came off worse.
I dont want to be forking out £800 on a dedicated road car. But what if I got the ac cobra conversion and twin speed gearbox and fitted it to my marder race. Would I end up with a reliable, cheap to break semi decent car park racer.

Or is it a case of splashing the cash on a dedicated fg track car.

Thanks for any advice
Lee
Old 02-13-2005, 07:37 PM
arjwhite

Default RE: Your views

Hi lee,first of all i am truly sorry for recking the four wheel drive thread that was posted.With a bit of hindsight i should have been a little more grown up and not let myself get involved in a slanging match with a certain party and just nipped it in the bud so to speak allot earlier.My appologies again mate.As far as the cobra conversion goes it looks very good but i havn`t seen one in the flesh so i can`t really comment.The only thing i change for the road is the wheels,the rest of the car stays set up for off road as its where the car spends most of it`s life.But if you want to dedicate the car to on road i`d think it`s going to save quite a bit of money as apposed to buying a specific on road car plus you always have the option to convert it back if you want.Sorry to hear about all the breakages if it had been me i would be frightend to go home in case my missus found out the repair bill.She loves me really,i think.
Old 02-13-2005, 08:02 PM
CraigN

Please remind me not to go racing with you [&o] sorry you had a bad day it kinda puts a dull side to the game!!
Old 02-14-2005, 01:08 AM
Jared1106

With every, I mean EVERY day of running one of these, it always, I mean ALWAYS cost more than gas and oil!! It is a proven given!!! [&o]
Old 02-14-2005, 03:20 AM
Lee G

No, no probs mate, the guy was a proven idiot. He only came to light on that thread and then he was open season. Trust me there were a few of us waiting to put him in his place.

As for damaging the trucks, no probs again. At least I got a taste for parking lot racing. Next weekend the trucks will be rebuilt. And ready to smash up again
This time I will be more prepared and have a spare shell to muller

I noticed there were two types of ywin speed gearing, road car and off road.

Now is it worth geting road car gearing or the off road and whats the opinion on the twin boxes?

The marder race has 26cc conversion, k&n and fg pipe fitted. So it should have a fair bit of grunt.

And do the ywin boxes give much more top end being the speed freak I am
Old 02-14-2005, 04:43 AM
ricok

Anybody got some links to pics of the ac cobra conversion kit? Have not seen it yet...
Old 02-14-2005, 05:15 AM
pehter aka ibbe

http://www.rc-car-online.de/cobra_body_eng.htm