Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

New track Pic

Old 04-18-2005, 04:13 PM
kiora

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New track Pic

hi all, a great piccy of our track has been put on our website by our excellent webmaster, the track is 564m per lap and a good lap at the mo is about 1min 7 secs.

Website is [link=http://www.nenevalleyeaceway.co.uk]www.nenvalleyraceway.co.uk[/link]

see ya
Col.
Old 04-18-2005, 04:29 PM
Jared1106

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New track Pic

WOW, BIG.. Very nice....
Old 04-18-2005, 11:11 PM
jimbo1890

[:'(]green with envy[:'(]

the only rc track close to me is for a 10th scale electric club and they chased me off with a stick[]
Old 04-19-2005, 03:35 AM
dazzahughesuk

I can't wait to try it.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:15 AM
daytona7

Jimbo,
At least they did not chase you off with an M1.
I've got the same problems here in Sunny(?) Florida. All the tracks are for the small toys and if you mention anything larger than 1/8 scale, they either give you a DUH look or like they would kill you if you dared to take a large scale near the tracks.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:15 AM
Doahh

ORIGINAL: jimbo1890

[:'(]green with envy[:'(]

the only rc track close to me is for a 10th scale electric club and they chased me off with a stick[]
You run over someones car?
Old 04-19-2005, 08:26 AM
ammdrew

Old 04-19-2005, 08:27 AM
ammdrew

anything that runs 1/8th scale is perfect for large scale, they mostly will be upset when yu can keep up and do not have to fuel for 45 minutes.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:33 AM
daytona7

That's what I thought, but the few tracks here either have the gates locked and are for members only or have Private Property signs posted and have made it clearly known that the bigger cars are NOT WELCOMED. That's why I sold the F1's and went for the off-road which I can use almost any place.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:48 AM
madgti

WHERE ARE THE JUMPS
Old 04-19-2005, 11:15 AM
Cyberfyn

Big, but a bit boring for off roaders?

You need a few trucks worth of dirt and a JCB mate!...... And soem binoculars to see your car on the back straight

Ian F.

Oh, and when can I come down and have a go?
Old 04-19-2005, 11:58 AM
kiora

If its a million things boring isnt one of them come down any sunday were always there from 8.00am to around maybe 2-3pm. Its great to drive and the back straight is awsome its about 7m wide but looks like about 7mm from the rostrum LOL.

By "few trucks worth of dirt and a JCB mate!" do you mean something like this?

each jump contains about 8-10 tonnes of dirt
see ya soon
col
Old 04-19-2005, 12:07 PM
Cyberfyn

Let's have an address Col. I might take you up on that! Are all car classes allowed?

ian.
Old 04-19-2005, 12:14 PM
kiora

ORIGINAL: Cyberfyn

Let's have an address Col. I might take you up on that! Are all car classes allowed?

ian.
You'd better, and yeah run what you like
from the website:

From M1 J15, Northampton and Wellingborough, either -

Take the A45 east bound towards Higham Ferrers. At the A6\A45 roundabout turn right taking the A6 towards Bedford, after travelling the full length of the Rushden bypass rejoin the old A6 towards Bedford for 200 metres. Take the next right turn (Wymington Lane), towards Wymington, Poddington and Goosey Lodge Industrial Estate.

Or take the A45 east bound towards Higham Ferrers until you reach the A6001 Rushden turn. Take the A6001 turn, pass Croyland Motors and follow the A6001 into Rushden and follow the signs for the A6 out of Rusden to Bedford. On leaving Rushden you will turn right at the end of the Rushden bypass. Upon turning right onto the A6 you will need to take the next right turn (Wymington Lane), to Wymington, Poddington and Goosey Lodge Industrial Estate is which about 200 metres from the roundabout.

From Kettering (A6\A14) & Huntingdon (A1\A14\A45), pick up the A6 to Bedford (Rushden bypass) at the A6\A45 roundabout, after travelling the full length of the Rushden bypass rejoin the old A6 towards Bedford for 200 metres. Take the next right turn (Wymington Lane), towards Wymington, Poddington and Goosey Lodge Industrial Estate.

From Bedford follow the A6 northbound to Kettering, before reaching Rushden turn left (Wymington Lane), towards Wymington, Poddington and Goosey Lodge Industrial Estate. The left turn is just after you have past the watertower on your right and the disused petrol station on your left. If you miss the turn then turn around at the Rusden roundabout which is about 200 metres after the turn.

Wymington Lane - Follow Wymington Lane until you see a sign for the Goosey Lodge Estate on your left hand side, upon seeing the sign turn left and follow this road past the industrial estate and down past the quad bike track until you come to an open parking area and Nene Valley Raceway is straight ahead.

The address for the Nene Valley Raceway is - Goosey Lodge, Wymington, Rushden, Northants NN10 9LU

Old 04-19-2005, 12:41 PM
dazzahughesuk

Don't do what i did and get lost when it was only 2-3 miles form the old track but thanks to modern technology - the mobile phone - col save me

Darren