Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Set ups. Soft on the front?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 07:53 AM
Xeron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Set ups. Soft on the front?

Ok,
I've got a little question for you guys here, i've noticed alot of you guys are putting harder shock oil in the back, and softer in the front. now, when i race indoors I use harder on the front and softer on the back, this helps keep stability when slowing down going into corners etc. also alot of offroad smaller scale use harder on the front, i also use harder tyres on the front of my indoor vehicles.

I'm guessing its to do with the weight of the rear end? with the engine being at the back you run harder at the back to take the load better?

also on the MT you all put the Hard tyre on the back and the Medium on the front correct? (marked with M and H on the sidewalls)

Cheers guys
Old 05-05-2005, 08:01 AM
Cyberfyn

Default RE: Set ups. Soft on the front?

Correct. These things are very back heavy. I use 50wt in the front and 80wt in the back, now when you drop the car both the front and back depress at the same rate. The stock FG shocks have no adjustment bar the plastic snap-on tensioner rings supplied. I'm going to get the alloy ones with the threaded bodies (as fitted to the Marder Race)

I have Medium tyres front and back on mine. I wouldn't make that much difference off road anyway.

Ian F.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:06 AM
Xeron

Default RE: Set ups. Soft on the front?

Yeh I thought so, do you have a RRP for the adjustable shocks i'm also interested in them for my buggies however i doubt i'll be buying 8 for the MT lol.

Well actaully i've noticed that you can really feel the difference from the H and M compound, if you run your finger along the tyre sideways you can really feel the difference, but i just figured put the H on the back.

My MT currently runs no roll bars, 8 shocks all at 40w. and my buggies well i'm just playing with them right now, using a kind of coil over effect adding two types of springs too the one shock.